Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    5.87%

Mario Advance 2

if you're hoping this is an exact copy of Super Mario World then uhhh... you're wrong i guess. this game makes you choose between mario or luigi both having wierd liitle skills that makes things harder. mario is faster, a faster flyer, and when he rides yoshi, yoshi automaticly swallows everything except shells. luigi can jump and fly higher, shoot bouncier fireballs, and it takes a moment for yoshi to swallow anything. it's still pretty cool though and it has all the old secrets. (all of which i remember, including the top secret area)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.54%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    No, that IS Super Mario World. Thats the version that was included with the SNES/Super Mario Allstars bundle, as part of Super Mario All Stars.

In the original release with the SNES, Mario and Luigi were identical, but in the Super Mario All-Stars/SNES release, they had different graphics and abilities.

And with either version, Yoshi did automatically swallow things unless they were shells, and those shells would take awhile to swallow.

Go back and find a real reason why this isn't Super Mario World.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    30.96%
    ! The SMW/SMA cart version of SMW was different? I didn't know that.

Yes, Yoshi always swallowed everything automatically except for Koopa Shells. The only thing Yoshi could spit out was Koopa shells and fire.

I think they made this version easier too by having Mario go back to Super Mario after getting hit when he's Fire Mario or Cape Mario, like they did with SMB 3. In the original Super Mario World Mario would go back to being small, regular Mario when hit.

The only reason I haven't picked up the Game Boy Advance/Color versions of the Mario games is because I already have them for my NES and SNES, and I'm not dying to play them. The new changes they make in the GBA games are a welcome addition to me. The differences between Mario and Luigi started with Super Mario Bros. 2 (Japan)/The Lost Levels, where Mario was more solid and jumped like normal, while Luigi jumped higher than Mario. I hope there is some new stuff in the Zelda 3 port.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.91%
    i have the game and I think everything masamune described is right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    91.92%
    If you are mario the game controls the same as the SNES version, other than turning back into super mario after getting hit if you have a power up.

I like the new 'floaty' luigi jump, it sets him apart and is easyier (you can jump really far.

Certainly they existed... AlexMax's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    56.05%
    I've beaten both SMA2 and SMW, and they significatnly dumbed down the difficulty of SMA2 because of one minor change.

Being hit while caped or fire mario only made you 'super', not 'tiny'.

by the way, was the origional SMB3 the same way, or did Allstars dumb down SMB3?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    30.96%
    Super Mario Bros. 3 was the same way (NES). Fire Mario->Super Mario->Mario. They did that for the U.S. to make it easier.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.54%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    The only dumbed down thing about SMB. 3 in Super Mario All-Stars is the fact you can save your game and then restart from where you save. In the NES original you had to beat the game in one sitting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    30.96%
    I dunno if I ever beat SMB3 in one sitting all the way through. I think I'd usually quit on Ice Land or Pipe Land. You needed warp whistles for that game back then.

On that subject, where's Super Mario Bros. 3 for Game Boy Advance?! They've skipped it so far, and Yoshi's Island is coming next. Maybe they're saving it for some overhaul, but in terms of game evolution, they should have released it before Super Mario World, because SMW was basically better than SMB3. There was a SMB3 tune in Luigi's Mansion, a Super Mario Bros. 3 track in SSBM, and a couple of SMB3 trophies in SSBM. Heh, the trophy description for Raccon Mario even compares the power up to Super Mario World's cape because SMW came out for GBA. It's like they keep hinting at the game but haven't released it.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.54%
    maybe its one of those secret porjects they're working on. *wink wink* but anyways, i think that the differences are not that important. and on a side note..... go to the Official Bar-Buddies Thread. link is in my siggy.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Thread Information