Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    49.19%

Dungeon Keys and Big Treasure Chests

I had never seen anybody do this or come up with a trick for it, but I figured that if Dungeon Key Doors were possible, Big Treasure Chests should be too. This is what I came up with.

Before Key

Kill the Keese

Get Key

Open Chest

It works exactly like a Boss Key Door when setting up the Boss Key. Then make the room with the closed Chest and put the fire enemy in the corner, and set it up with Boss Flag corresponding to Boss Key room. The set up pit combos that look like the floor as secret combos (Enemies -> Secret Flag, too) on a square they would the player have to step on to get to the chest. Copy the Closed Chest room to another screen, minus pit combos and fire enemy. Replaced the closed chest with an open chest tile and place the item in the open chest. Make sure you make part of the chest walkable, so you can get the item. Then set a scrolling side warp out of the room, to the room you would have went to, if you had left the Closed Chest room

If someone has already figured this out and posted, I apologize. But I had never seen anything about it.
    Current Quests in Progress...
    Zelda: Eya's Song

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    95.72%
    Possible? Who do you think invented the whole darn thing? Of course it works, I invented it!

In fact, in the new betas, the trigger enemy and item that kills everybody were my suggestions so that this stuff can work even better. Before, it involved a blanked out enemy(won't tell you who) that spawned in the same spot. In fact, all of this can be done with version 1.84 if you know what to do.
    The name might be missleading, I'm not jigglypuff.

"...A Bible! A Bible! We have got a Bible, and there cannot be any more Bible."
    Second Nephi 29:3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.9%
    Yea, Preathus, the only difference between what you're doing and what Jiggly proposed (And pretty much everyone does now) is that you're using the LttP tiles for a big chest. No big deal

-C

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    62.79%
    Hmmm, youshould fix the pics, then it will be easier to understand what you mean....

Thread Information