0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.53%
    Ok, so no one saw my edit... Instead of posting a new thread, I'll post it here. How do you get a custom title, go up in star rank, or change your title (i.e. newcomer)?

Simmen Stenil
    Join my Zelda Classic group to upload and download Zelda Classic related stuff!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    43.69%
    You post more without getting banned. And without spaming.
    Exactly, hehehe, D'oh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    95.18%
    Originally posted by Shadowblazer
    Yeah I know, but it's so cool! I heard about it awhile back and the idea intrigued me, because the whole idea of alternate timekeeping systems just seems so cool. Then I was fiddling with the time display format tonight to add in seconds (to see how quickly people were getting their responses in on the Pictionary thread, I beat foxy by 2 seconds ) and I noticed that Internet Time was one of the recognized display formats, so I figured I'd throw it in there.

Just be glad I didn't chose to display the time as the number of seconds elapsed since Unix Epoch (which is the format the times are stored in anyway).
    Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing seconds in post times. Then, when people complain in MPQ World about being just beaten to the answer to a question, we can all see by just how much they were beaten. Then we can giggle at their misfortune.

As the lunatic responsible for its creation, I'm wondering what exactly I was smoking when I came up with it. -- Shadowblazer, referring to the old star system

My Mage Points: [mp]227[/mp]

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.52%
    Originally posted by Simmen Stenil
    Ok, so no one saw my edit... Instead of posting a new thread, I'll post it here. How do you get a custom title, go up in star rank, or change your title (i.e. newcomer)?

Simmen Stenil
    don't panic if you don't see an immediate answer to a question, even if it looks like there are a bunch of people online. when mods and smods "patrol" a forum, we try our best to keep up with the topics, but with so many people posting so often (especially here in GD) we can't be everywhere at once. unfortunate, but we're just human
    it's perfectly acceptable to create a new thread if you have a question and it's off topic in the thread you're reading/replying to. in fact, your question(s) will probably get a more timely reply if you do create a new thread. and any question you post in the new members forum will generally get a quick answer because we like to help the new members feel comfortable

your title and star rank change as you reach certain points in your posting. as you reach certain "marks" in your posting (ie. 50 posts or 100 posts or 350 etc..). ranks and stars change automatically...you don't have to do anything. custom titles are currently only available to mods/smods/admins and members with more than 1000 posts. that system may change in the future, but that's the way it's set up currently. you can find more details and a chart that shows what point you change ranks at by going to newbie central. hope that helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    21.87%
    Originally posted by slothman
    You post more without getting banned. And without spaming.
    lets see if we can be nice to our newbies, k? ^_^

Thread Information