Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.55%

Question Annoying XP problem

OK, I love WinXP to death, but it is really annoying me with something it keeps doing. I put my taskbar on auto-hide, so I can use more of my screen. Whenever a window that does not have focus has some activity, the taskbar pops up and that program's button flashes until I put focus on it. This in itself is annoying, but it's compounded when I'm trying to do something. In mIRC it covers up the editbox, in AGN it covers up some of the textbox, and it distracts me.

Does anyone know of any way to get the stupid taskbar to quit telling me something happened in other windows?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.61%
    I don't think so.
    Certain programs feel the need to let you know when something happenned in their windows and you're not using said window. I don't think that there is any way to turn thatoff system wide, but individual programs might have an option to disable it for that program.
    As far as I know this is more of an annoying feature in certain programs. It would be nice if there was a way to disable that system wide though.
    "The minority, the ruling class at present, has the schools and press, usually the Church as well, under its thumb. This enables it to organize and sway the emotions of the masses, and make its tool of them."
    -Albert Einstein

My Blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.16%
    There is a way to turn that off PIERIOD. I can't remember now, but I'll look for it. :)
    [Currently playing - Dino Run]

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    82.59%
    The programs are doing it, not XP. I have windows flash once in awhile too.

Best bet is to shut off autohide . Do you really need the small amount of space that is made available by it? 800x600 resolution doesn't have the taskbar all that big (you can shrink it's size by changing to the standard Windows theme rather than using the XP theme). And don't ask about 640x480 cause XP doesn't allow that res .

(EDIT)Simple punctuation errors, man I'm not thinking today .
    A taxi driver man is what I want to be
    But there are no customers who want to drive with me
    I don't know why, could be I'm almost blind

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.55%
    I use a 2 line taskbar because I like having lots of windows open. it does take up a great deal of space, even with the classic theme. In the end, I think I'm going to have to revert to a one-line taskbar with no autohide. I've hunted down the "do not flash" options in all my programs, but it's a windows thing, for they still flash. Darn these little features that look so pretty but piss me off!

Thread Information