User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Future of the ZQuest Tutorial (Not as bleak as you may think, please read!)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    58.84%

The Future of the ZQuest Tutorial (Not as bleak as you may think, please read!)

First off, in case you haven't noticed, the ZQuest Tutorial is now hosted on the main armageddongames.com site. The new URL is http://zqtutorial.armageddongames.com. Make sure to update your bookmarks.

Second, also in case you haven't noticed, I just haven't had the time to add all the submissions in this thread. Thus, I am going to make available the materials necessary to create HTML-formatted submissions yourself (while hopefully requiring only a minimal amount of HTML knowledge). Here's all you have to do:
    1. Download the submissions template by clicking here. It is in Rich Text Format (.rtf) and viewable using a text editor like WordPad. Anything that is in red boldfaced type you will need to replace with your information. (When you are done you will need to save the file as an HTML file.)
    2. Download the cascading style sheet used by the tutorial by clicking here. (It's a plain text file.) This will allow you to see what HTML tags the tutorial supports and to see what your submission will look like once it's online. To preview the submission properly you will need to create a directory structure that mirrors the one used by the tutorial. Begin by creating a folder (Folder A) and putting the style sheet inside it. Then create another folder (Folder B) inside Folder A. Then create another folder (Folder C) inside Folder B and put your template file in there. (Got all that?)
    3. If you want to include pictures in your submission create a folder named gif inside Folder C and put all your pictures in there. (In case you couldn't take the hint, pictures should be saved in gif format.) The submissions template has sample code for including pictures.
    4. When your submission is complete, zip the contents of Folder C, find me on AIM or ICQ, send the files my way, and I'll add them. (Seriously! I should have 10 or 15 free minutes to add the submission.)
    5. This is very important. I am currently only accepting submissions for things you can do with Zelda Classic 1.90! Please do not send me any submissions for things like, for example, how to use layers. Believe me, there are plenty of things in ZC 1.90 that are not explained in the tutorial (this is probably true for ZC 1.84 for that matter). I will accept submissions for stuff found in the betas only after the next official ZC release.
    6. Finally, this is the first time I'm trying a system like this. Feel free to reply with any questions/comments/complaints/flames (well, maybe not flames... not here anyway... ) about the process. I'm willing to bet there's plenty of room for improvement, I'll be sure to consider all your ideas.
    My ZQuest Tutorial -- Official Third Quest Page

(I know the pages aren't displaying properly. I don't know how to fix it. Do you?)

My ZC Quests: Conquest of Sarpadia -- Sarpadia Enhanced Soundtrack -- Son of the Beach Fun Quest

Philadelphia Phillies: 2008 World Series Champions!
    2009 record: 27-20 :)

AGN Superlatives: Zelda Classic Guru

2001 AGN Awards: Best Overall Original Creator, "Nintendo" Award

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.7%
    While I totally respect your decision regarding this, AD, why not have a special beta section on the site? Not part of the actual tutorial, but nonetheless a tips area for the beta, and maybe even a download link.

Either way, I will likely soon be able to start working on descriptions for beta stuff for release time. Now to find some 1.90 stuff...

Cyclone
    -----
    "This generation will run the country someday, unfortunately. Maybe we will get lucky and they will all stay bums." - Starkist
    -----
    Meh... sleep is for the weak. [goes back to sleep] - inori :rofl:
    -----
    You have a lot of people quoted in your sig. But not me. Thank you. - Tygore
    -----
    I got a brother who knows about this place... he can pass on the message if something ever happened to me. Then you'll all know when to rejoice. - Daarkseid

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    15.96%
    I had a tip around here somewhere... I'll have to remember it first.
    Sometimes, these things happen in life. And when they do, you've only got three choices...
    ( ) Continue
    ( ) Save + Continue
    (>) Save + Quit
    ---
    Current Quest Progress
    Creating:
    Daylight Savings:
    L-1 complete. Intro partly complete. Overworld up to Desert. Fairy's World complete up to where you get into L-2. L-2 not started.
    Playing:
    Daylight Savings:
    Complete up to L-1.
    The cheat for Daylight Savings can be found here: http://www.geocities.com/supertails2001/DScheat.html

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    70.41%
    Put in something about 1.92.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    58.06%
    Make a link to that topic with our submissions to the tutorial!
    Nice to see you again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.7%
    Originally posted by K-Teclis
    Make a link to that topic with our submissions to the tutorial!

Fine, here ya go...

Cyclone
    -----
    "This generation will run the country someday, unfortunately. Maybe we will get lucky and they will all stay bums." - Starkist
    -----
    -----
    -----
    I got a brother who knows about this place... he can pass on the message if something ever happened to me. Then you'll all know when to rejoice. - Daarkseid

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    58.84%

Exclamation

How about if I restick the thread?

I made a decision... I'm going to go ahead and convert all the submissions in that thread to HTML pages slowly but surely over the next few days. You all made those contributions expecting them to be added to the main tutorial... I don't want to let anybody down.

(I know the pages aren't displaying properly. I don't know how to fix it. Do you?)

My ZC Quests: Conquest of Sarpadia -- Sarpadia Enhanced Soundtrack -- Son of the Beach Fun Quest

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    58.84%
    Apologies for the double-post, but I've decided to go along with what I originally posted in the contributions thread and accept submissions for stuff you can do only with the 1.92 betas. They will be placed in a separate section of the tutorial.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.7%
    Originally posted by AlphaDawg
    Apologies for the double-post, but I've decided to go along with what I originally posted in the contributions thread and accept submissions for stuff you can do only with the 1.92 betas. They will be placed in a separate section of the tutorial.
    Sounds good. :)

And the double-post can be forgiven. This time. :)

Cyclone
    -----
    -----
    -----
    -----

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    58.06%
    That is great! Will you use all submissions??
    Nice to see you again

Thread Information