Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.8%

Question IRC question...

OK, I'm tired of having to make do with scripts that have features I like but they are missing features as well. I want to make my own script. Most people would cut and paste, but I need some kind of programming to keep my sanity, and I think making a script would be a good thing, since I already know the syntax and plenty of documentation is easily available. But there's a simple problem:

The only computer in my house that can connect to the internet is the family computer. Even now, dad is sulking in the living room trying to make me feel guilty because he wants to use the computer right now, but he doesn't have a reason to tell me to get off of it. I have a computer in my room that would be ideal for coding, BUT there is a problem with that. To the best of my knowledge, it is impossible to start a channel on IRC without a connection to a server. Therefore, I will have no way to test my script out but to code, transfer to a disk, put it on the family computer, and test it, then try and fix the errors. Needless to say, this is inconvenient, particularly on a night when dad pays the bills and will use the computer from 5PM to 1AM (he likes to browse fantasy sports instead of paying the bills).

SO, my question is: Is there any way I can either open a channel to test my script without a connection to a server, or is it possible to set up a server on my computer and connect to localhost?

If the second option is the only one, can someone give me details on how to set it up on a Win98 computer?

Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.28%
    Ask Krath. He's making a script for G***** U*******.

EDIT: opps. Misread your post...
    'Zounds, ye whore! is black so base a hue?

Thread Information