Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.29%

Unhappy Bugs not getting fixed?

Yes, I know we've been pointing out all these bugs and errors and you're squashing them good in the latest betas. But what if the no-combo page type beta doesn't go through and fails? Then we have to resort back to upgrading 152. All the bugs you squashed earlier in the betas past 152 will no longer be fixed and will still be there. I suggest fixing bugs in both versions just in case. Because, personally, I don't quite trust this new 'no-combo' page thing and also don't like the fact that you now have to alter every quest made before 153 so that it'll actually work in the newest betas. So.....I just want to know what is going to happen.
    "If anybody says him/her/it without defining what they're talking about, the conversation is automatically about my p.e.n.i.s. :-D" - Wild Bill
    "Design ideas come to me during fetid fits of masturbation." - C-Dawg
    "I want to give NoeL a blowjob! ^_^" - Peteo
    "The magic boob should be mine any minute!" - Koopa
    "Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism" - My Film Professor

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    95.71%
    I think... if the no combo page thing doesn't fully work... then DN might simply remove that part from the code... though I can't say which way would be easier....
    People who think they know everything are very irritating to those of us who do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.84%

Re: Bugs not getting fixed?

Originally posted by DarkFlameWolf
    ...and also don't like the fact that you now have to alter every quest made before 153 so that it'll actually work in the newest betas.
    Actually, just keep working on your beta 152 quest as per usual, and makea COPY for beta 155, 156, 157, etc.

And keep workingwith 152 until I upgrade further at the QDB, if I even upgrade further.

Cyclone
    -----
    "This generation will run the country someday, unfortunately. Maybe we will get lucky and they will all stay bums." - Starkist
    -----
    Meh... sleep is for the weak. [goes back to sleep] - inori :rofl:
    -----
    You have a lot of people quoted in your sig. But not me. Thank you. - Tygore
    -----
    I got a brother who knows about this place... he can pass on the message if something ever happened to me. Then you'll all know when to rejoice. - Daarkseid

Robots in Disguise
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.84%
    Um, you don't have to alter every quest made before beta 153 to work with the new betas. They will still work. It's just that the combo page for the secret combos will be determined by the combo page of the secret combo template screen. Usually, this isn't a problem, as all the screens on one map usually have the same combo page. However, in a few cases, more than one combo page exists for a map or the secret combo template screen was, for some strange reason, saved with a different combo page than the combo pages of the other screens on the same map. While those quests will play, they will have some graphical bugs unless they are fixed.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.29%
    which will practically be....ALL my quests. -_-
    "If anybody says him/her/it without defining what they're talking about, the conversation is automatically about my p.e.n.i.s. :-D" - Wild Bill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.62%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    Yeash my quests overworld currently consists of 5 or 6 different combo pages... my one completed dungeon has 2.
    "You have been the veterans of creative suffering. Continue to work with the faith that unearned suffering is redemptive"
    -mlk

Robots in Disguise
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.84%
    The only other solution I know of is to store all the information in each screen. The secret combos, their csets, their flags, the doors, their csets.

*sigh* Back to work, I guess. This will take a while. It may be a week or more before I can get a new beta out. I also have a final project due for my Artificial Intelligence class that I haven't started on yet. I have to hand it in on April 25.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.62%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    Originally posted by Dark Nation
    The only other solution I know of is to store all the information in each screen. The secret combos, their csets, their flags, the doors, their csets.

*sigh* Back to work, I guess. This will take a while. It may be a week or more before I can get a new beta out. I also have a final project due for my Artificial Intelligence class that I haven't started on yet. I have to hand it in on April 25.
    It's cool man... Youve been workin hard for us :) Besides we all knew redoing the combo structure would be quite the task.
    "You have been the veterans of creative suffering. Continue to work with the faith that unearned suffering is redemptive"
    -mlk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.29%
    Well it'd be better if we didn't have to edit our old quests to get them played again. And it wouldn't be just another 'simple' graphical glitch. What if someone superbombed a wall whose combo page was different than the base combo page for the secret combo screen? (screen 83,84) Well not only would there be a graphical glitch, it would also disable any players from being able to go into that cave that had to be superbombed. This is bad for quests like Fragments of Power where super bomb is essential to getting into level 9. And without it, the player CANNOT complete the quest.
    And I'm also using the multiple combo pages for the same special combo screen like Vel and Darth Chronic in my contest entry. and I have around 6-8 combo pages alone on each overworld map. So its very infuriating to find out that the most efficient way of doing things is also the easiest way to make our quest unplayable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.84%
    Don't worry, DN. I have an Accounting assignment due before the end of...well, I guess it's today (Friday). And I have one section that I haven't touched yet.

Guess what I'm doing at 7 a.m. or so...

Cyclone
    -----
    "This generation will run the country someday, unfortunately. Maybe we will get lucky and they will all stay bums." - Starkist
    -----
    Meh... sleep is for the weak. [goes back to sleep] - inori :rofl:
    -----
    You have a lot of people quoted in your sig. But not me. Thank you. - Tygore
    -----
    I got a brother who knows about this place... he can pass on the message if something ever happened to me. Then you'll all know when to rejoice. - Daarkseid

Thread Information