Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.78%

Talking Conquest for Power news!

Conquest for Power is coming along nicely! I have two levels done (same as before), and now a little over half of the main overworld is done. There will be a 64 screen underworld, as well as the 128 screen overworld. Plus there will be a large complicated cave under the overworld which will be essential in getting from one level to another in some cases. It will also contain portals to the underworld.

Level 3 has a few screens done, but I need to do a little more planning before I start working on it again. Why? Because, Levels will begin having two floors connected by pits and staircases. Level 3 will be pretty simple, but as the levels advance, there will be many more basement floors and things will get extremely complicated.

Now I bet you're dying for some screenshots. But before you get to see them, I want to note that it's NOT Mystic Land tiles. Prince let me use Mystic Land palletes, and a few of the tiles, like the roofs. Other than that, it's Revenge 2 with many modifications.

Here we go with the shots:

Here we have the first shot. It's mainly to show off the addition of people in the village. The kid and his dad REALLY DO play catch! I imagine a lot of you have seen a previous version of this pic in my sig. plith and I put them together. The kid and his dad playing catch take 400 tiles of animation alltogether, so don't bother trying to steal them and put them together if I ever get a demo out. We will release them to public after we finish our quests. Until then, nyah nyah.

This is the first entrance to the Never Ending Cave. There will be many other entrances too. As you can see, there's tons of passages.... it never ends, does it? You can buy a map for it at a shop somewhere on the overworld.

Here's a shop next to the river on the overworld. Just a screenshot, not much to see, besides how elegantly designed the screen is.

This is just a major junction in the overworld. Lots of Octoroks around.

Conquest for Power is currently for Beta 148 (quest contest). I am almost to the point where I can release a demo, but I'm a little relunctant to, since I have not seen the Beta 148 player being released.

Anyway, I could use some feedback. What do you think I should call the world? How about the village? Does anybody have some suggestions? I totally suck at coming up with names, especially if it contains something invented (like "Tugoshlavacatianalbara Town," as apposed to "Never Ending Cave," which contains no invented words).

Edit: Beta testers list:

PrinceMSC

plith

K-Teclis
    DarkFlameWolf

KJAZZ?

Meknoh?

? = questionable, haven't heard anything from them

I don't really need anymore beta testers. :)

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    40.77%
    You made a demo of this before didn't you? I seem to think I might have played it before. if it's the one I am thinking of, can't wait to see it done!

I'm waiting also for the release of 148, since I have only 139...but as I enjoyed your OoP... this one will be well worth the wait :-)
    Gaming Universe...
    Zelda, Link's Odyssey...Hosted Forum by GU
    Nightmare's SF-IBM...Hosted Forum by GU

05-05-02 Links are now updated.. Thanks DJ for pointing it out!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.9%

Re: Conquest for Power news!

Originally posted by Raichu86

Level 3 has a few screens done, but I need to do a little more planning before I start working on it again. Why? Because, Levels will begin having two floors connected by pits and staircases. Level 3 will be pretty simple, but as the levels advance, there will be many more basement floors and things will get extremely complicated.
    Good, good. I am pleased to see people are taking the next step and designing multifloor dungeons now. Take Raichu's lead and step out of the dark ages of dungeon design, peeps :)

Now I bet you're dying for some screenshots.
    Not exactly. But they're nice.

Here we go with the shots:

The kid and his dad REALLY DO play catch! I imagine a lot of you have seen a previous version of this pic in my sig. plith and I put them together.
    Wow, you're REALLY damn excited about that, arn't you? Please dont wet yourself over your little animation. I applaud your addition of something interesting in the background, and I hope you repeat this type of thing all over the quest. Makes things interesting! :)

The kid and his dad playing catch take 400 tiles of animation alltogether, so don't bother trying to steal them and put them together if I ever get a demo out. We will release them to public after we finish our quests. Until then, nyah nyah.
    Uh-huh. No offense Raichu, but anyone who would be able to use the combos if they got ahold of the tiles is most likely more than skilled enough to make the animation themselves Kudos on making the animation so smooth but... damn, I would have made it a little choppier so I could save tilespace. I guess it depends how well organized you are, though.

You can buy a map for it at a shop somewhere on the overworld.
    Aha! Using a shop on the same Dmap but seemingly in an unrelated place as a place to purchase a map of the cave?! EXCELLENT! A NEW IDEA! INNOVATION! APPLAUSE! HUMPING!

not much to see, besides how elegantly designed the screen is.
    >Gag<

I am almost to the point where I can release a demo, but I'm a little relunctant to, since I have not seen the Beta 148 player being released.
    Just distribute the player yourself. Cyclone gave us the go-ahead to do that, as I recall.

What do you think I should call the world? How about the village? Does anybody have some suggestions? I totally suck at coming up with names, especially if it contains something invented (like "Tugoshlavacatianalbara Town," as apposed to "Never Ending Cave," which contains no invented words).
    You should name it something that relates to your storyline, of course.... you DO have a storyline, right? Such as the simultaniously lame and compelling storyline of TSA, or the cursory but functional story of Plith?

-C

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    29.82%
    C-Dawg, I hate to say it, but you have WAY too much time on your hands
    -MountainDrew
    Mage Points:[mp]30[/mp] Net Navi Stats
    Suddenly you decide to visit My Site
    Proud Member of:

It's things like these that make your day:
    Originally posted by Blonde799
    Brought to you by Mountain Drew. DO THE DREW!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.9%
    Im digesting before I go to the gym. And if I edit one more tile, I'm going to scream... well, at least I got paid at work today to play with Zquest. That's always nice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    95.55%

Re: Re: Conquest for Power news!

Originally posted by C-Dawg
    Aha! Using a shop on the same Dmap but seemingly in an unrelated place as a place to purchase a map of the cave?! EXCELLENT! A NEW IDEA! INNOVATION! APPLAUSE! HUMPING!
    Bah. You don't pay so much attention to the town in my demo? House with the cuckoo near it with hedges around it, one screen down from the small pond area. In that house there's a guy with the Swamp Dungeon map, on sale for 50 rupees. I was already planning to do that for every single dungeon in my quest. I bet Raichu even stole the idea from me!

(That laughing means I'm not being too much of a pissant over it.)
    People who think they know everything are very irritating to those of us who do.

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    29.82%
    Nah, your really pissed. you just want to hide it
    -MountainDrew
    Mage Points:[mp]30[/mp] Net Navi Stats
    Suddenly you decide to visit My Site
    Proud Member of:

It's things like these that make your day:
    Originally posted by Blonde799
    Brought to you by Mountain Drew. DO THE DREW!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.78%
    I will by no means be using all my tilespace. Don't worry C-Dawg, I can make my animations detailed as I want.

And yes, there is a story.

A few years had passed since Link last defeated Ganon. Hyrule had known a peace unlike it had ever known before. Link, knowing that the Ganon might strike at any time, set out on a journey of knowledge, so that he could be ready if Ganon tried yet again to disrupt peace in Hyrule.

After months of travel, Link stumbled upon a village in a far away land. He met with the villagers, and learned that the land had come to a horrible fate... Ganon had taken over, and was spreading evil across the land with "eight red triangles." It was obvious to Link what Ganon had done, he had split the Triforce of Power in order to conquer the land. Link agreed to collect the eight fragments of the Triforce of Power, and use their power to defeat Ganon yet again.

The storyline will advance during the game, but this is how it begins.

And plith, you're a genius for coming up with that map trick (if you're the one that came up with it).

:eyebrow:

*runs*

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16%
    Now I know i won't even PLACE! MY quest STINKS compared to that.
    Sometimes, these things happen in life. And when they do, you've only got three choices...
    ( ) Continue
    ( ) Save + Continue
    (>) Save + Quit
    ---
    Current Quest Progress
    Creating:
    Daylight Savings:
    L-1 complete. Intro partly complete. Overworld up to Desert. Fairy's World complete up to where you get into L-2. L-2 not started.
    Playing:
    Daylight Savings:
    Complete up to L-1.
    The cheat for Daylight Savings can be found here: http://www.geocities.com/supertails2001/DScheat.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    95.55%
    A few years had passed since Link last defeated Ganon. Hyrule had known a peace unlike it had ever known before. Link, knowing that the Ganon might strike at any time, set out on a journey of knowledge, so that he could be ready if Ganon tried yet again to disrupt peace in Hyrule.

After months of travel, Link stumbled upon a village in a far away land. He met with the villagers, and learned that the land had come to a horrible fate... Ganon had taken over, and was spreading evil across the land with "eight red triangles." It was obvious to Link what Ganon had done, he had split the Triforce of Power in order to conquer the land. Link agreed to collect the eight fragments of the Triforce of Power, and use their power to defeat Ganon yet again.
    Ya know... C-Dawg will probably have a few choice words for you seeing as how that story there happens to scream "QST-TXT" to him most of the time.
    People who think they know everything are very irritating to those of us who do.

Thread Information