Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.83%

Is This Intentional?

I've noticed that when you hit a magic prism with Link's magic, the refracted magic looks like the enemy magic. Is this intentional? Because considering the fact that it is a prism that is supposed to split the magic and not really create new magic of its own, I'd say that the refracted magic should look like Link's magic when Link is the one who hits it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    95.97%
    But when the magic gets refracted, it becomes enemy magic, thus it can hurt you and you can block it.
    The name might be missleading, I'm not jigglypuff.

"...A Bible! A Bible! We have got a Bible, and there cannot be any more Bible."
    Second Nephi 29:3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    49.8%
    While what Jigglysaint has said is true... you could set up enemy magic to look like rockets and Link's magic to look like magical super arrows, and then after the magical super arrow hits the thinger, it would turn into a missile and result in people going, "Wha-?".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    38.06%
    Originally posted by Dark Dude
    While what Jigglysaint has said is true... you could set up enemy magic to look like rockets and Link's magic to look like magical super arrows, and then after the magical super arrow hits the thinger, it would turn into a missile and result in people going, "Wha-?".
    Yeah, no kidding.

Simply, just create code that checks what type of magic it is. If it's enemy magic, no change. If it's Link's magic, convert it to a third magic type (with the same specific tiles) that becomes killer magic. I presume, also, that enemies can be hurt by this prism magic?

Cyclone
    -----
    "This generation will run the country someday, unfortunately. Maybe we will get lucky and they will all stay bums." - Starkist
    -----
    Meh... sleep is for the weak. [goes back to sleep] - inori :rofl:
    -----
    You have a lot of people quoted in your sig. But not me. Thank you. - Tygore
    -----
    I got a brother who knows about this place... he can pass on the message if something ever happened to me. Then you'll all know when to rejoice. - Daarkseid

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    27.9%
    Or just create a new projectile called "Prism Magic" and have it turn into that regardless. Hell, go all out and make a "Prism Magic Enemy" and "Prism Magic Link." That way if you want the Enemy and Link magics to remain the same when they hit a prism, you can make them identical. If you then to change, you can make 'em change.
    You could no more evade my wrath than you could your own shadow...

Thread Information