Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.87%

Question on Warps

Is there a way to have more than one tile warp on the same screen? I tried to do it with layers, but it didn't work right. Is it possible, and if so, what do I need to do? Please help, I'm new at this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.93%
    You cannot have more than one tilewarp per screen.

But, you could create an identical screen in the same place on another map and sidewarp to it, but you would have to make it so people can only get to one tile warp on the screen at a time, and have to go around to get to the other.

How many licks to get to the center Chris Miller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    38.9%
    No, it's impossible to have more than 1 tile warp on a screen. Ya should have posted this in ZQuest Help, but you'll remember next time, won't ya?

Download Lands of Serenity today! You will be knocked comatose by its sheer awesomeness.
    The Titan's Quest, best played in the bathroom as the excitement can be somewhat...overwhelming.

Official AGN Discord Channel

Official ZC Dev Discord Channel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    95.71%
    http://boards.armageddongames.com/sh...threadid=52984

Apparently he did. And there is a way. Take that all you ZQuest masters who've been gone too long.
    People who think they know everything are very irritating to those of us who do.

How many licks to get to the center Chris Miller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    38.9%
    Originally posted by plith
    And there is a way. Take that all you ZQuest masters who've been gone too long.
    There is? Do tell.:)

Download Lands of Serenity today! You will be knocked comatose by its sheer awesomeness.
    The Titan's Quest, best played in the bathroom as the excitement can be somewhat...overwhelming.

Official AGN Discord Channel

Official ZC Dev Discord Channel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    95.71%
    All right then...

Basically, you use pit warps on two different sides of the screen. They warp to screen 81 (three-stair), which has a solid black layer over it (since it takes a moment for the warp to work entirely). On screen 81, the parts of the three-stair warp are decided by what side of the screen they're on (left, right, or the middle two combos). So just make stairs for the entire screen 81. Set up the three-stair warp accordingly.
    People who think they know everything are very irritating to those of us who do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.36%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    All right then...

Basically, you use pit warps on two different sides of the screen. They warp to screen 81 (three-stair), which has a solid black layer over it (since it takes a moment for the warp to work entirely). On screen 81, the parts of the three-stair warp are decided by what side of the screen they're on (left, right, or the middle two combos). So just make stairs for the entire screen 81. Set up the three-stair warp accordingly.
    This trick works beautifully, if you know how to set it up correctly. There are some perceivable limits, but then again, all tricks that skirt the game engine's limitations always have had limits. My esteem to Cloral for coming up with this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.93%

All right then...

I'm afraid you lost me there.

Besides the fact that I don't understand how you can have the warp lead to two places, there is only one blue icon, so Link will have to appear in some weird place.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    100%
    Theres another way to do multiple warps per screen; actually, several ways. It is true that you can only have one tile warp specified per screen, but you CAN have different tile warps take Link to different LOCATIONS on that screen. For example... have some tile warps act as pit combos, and some as stair combos. Or, you can use Scrolling Warps. I'm not totally clear on how they work, but it seems to be like this.

1) Link steps on a stair combo set to Scrolling Warp
    2) ZQuest decides which side of the screen (NSEW) Link is closest too
    3) ZQuest does a scrolling wipe in the direction it determined in step 2 to the screen specified in the tile warp
    4) Zquest decides where to place Link on that screen. He ends up on the far side of the screen opposite to the direction chosen in step 2, and at the same coordinates perpendicular to the direction of the wipe. That is, if he entered a stair combo on the East side of the screen, he'd end up on the West side of the target screen on the same N/S level as the stair warp was.

This is, of course, in addition to Cloral's excellent method.

-C

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.87%
    Originally posted by Raichu86
    You cannot have more than one tilewarp per screen.

But, you could create an identical screen in the same place on another map and sidewarp to it, but you would have to make it so people can only get to one tile warp on the screen at a time, and have to go around to get to the other.
    I posted this here first, then realized my mistake, and posted it there. I could have sworn that I deleted this, though.

Thread Information