vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.88%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Xbox Hardware Probs?

http://www.mgon.com/articles.phtml?i...en&rel_system=

Apparently there is a group of faulty Xboxes.. of course, this isn't a slam against Xbox owners or the machine, it's a slam against Microsoft. This is the crap they do. They don't test their products enough and they ship with bugs (or in this case hardware problems). Then in order to fix it you have to blow a ton of cash.. that is just gay. Like the guy said, with the faulty PS2s, Sony was fixing them for free! *sigh*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.73%
    Hmm....
    Why does this not surprise me, especially since I've seen them green screen before in Toys 'R' Us?
    Oh well, more proof that all M$ cares about is money.
    "The minority, the ruling class at present, has the schools and press, usually the Church as well, under its thumb. This enables it to organize and sway the emotions of the masses, and make its tool of them."
    -Albert Einstein

My Blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    5.7%
    well i better go warn my brother!

Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.26%
    I've also seen alot of broken XBOXes at stores. I've seen them on a green and black screen saying something about not being able to read the disk, I've seen some frozen up, and I've seen some with "out of order" signs.

Woo hoo, look at the tektites dance!

I just think I'd be happier as a pretty lesbian girl. -- Glenn the Great

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.33%
    Well, if this article is credible, then the intial batches of X-boxes, produced in Hungary, are indeed slightly faulty.

I believe Microsoft, who seems generally concerned with staying in the console market, will fix these problems in upcoming shipments from their manufacturers in Hungary, provided this problem is widespread enough to come to Microsoft's attention.

If it turns out this problem is more isolated than this person is letting on, then its not really too much of an issue(unless your one of those unlucky enough to have a failing unit), and Microsoft will not explicitly account for this problem in future updates to their X-box.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.88%
    I'm sure by now they have fixed it, but it's kind of bad that they won't fix the faulty Xboxes for free when it's totally their fault..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.67%
    Well, the crap thing is thta they're charging him $130 for the repairs. I had a problem a couple years ago with my Color Game Boy where apparently some wiring had come loose such that there was no longer a complete circuit. This basically meant that the CGB would no longer turn on. The CGB came with a 1 year warrenty (not an extended warrenty, this was the basic warrenty that came with every unit), but the problem occured about 14 months after the purchase. I called the number on the back of the CGB and after talking to the service rep for a while, she told me to send it FedEx at their expence and they would fix it for free, despite the warrenty having expired. I don't have to tell you what kind of impression that left on me. :)

So yeah, I might be a bit Nintendo-biased, but I think I have some reason to be. One of Microsoft's largest problems is they don't seem to give the consumer enough credit, although at their scale I can understand that it would be difficult to do so.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.88%
    Yeah, that is one thing about Nintendo, they have excellent technical support. Of course I have never used it as they also tend to make extremely durable products (just go read some of those NP storys about Gameboys and SNESs geting caught in fires and run over by lawnmowers and still working! )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.18%
    Way back when, I had one of the origional GameBoys. It got run over by a snowblower. It ran perfectly, as did the cartridge that was in it at the time. The outside was pretyy beat up, of course, but the simple fact that it got dropped in the snow over night, then got runover by a snowblower and still functioned is pretty amazing...
    Proud sponsor of the Oh, God of hangovers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.73%
    I've had 3 Nintendo systems die.
    -One was my very old gameboy from 1992, it has benn through hell multiple times, it died last year; it;s amazing that it lated that long.
    -Another was my first SNES that I got in 1993, it was overused and some graphics chip fried a year and a half ago. Now I got myself one of those mini-SNES's.
    -And my first N64. It got fried. It was my fault though. I now know why not to rent Japanese games and play them without a mod chip.... Human Racing(F1 Pole Posistion in the US) is the game that fried my system. Nintendo was very prompt about replacing my system though. It took less than a week,
    "The minority, the ruling class at present, has the schools and press, usually the Church as well, under its thumb. This enables it to organize and sway the emotions of the masses, and make its tool of them."
    -Albert Einstein

My Blog

Thread Information