Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    95.73%

April Fools

As you know, April 1rst is comming up on Monday. I was thinking, why not do some sort of prank with ZC? We could purpatrate a rumor that the enemy editor is finished, or we can say that Dark Nation is really Phantom Menace(by him taking control of his account, naw, bad taste). Somebody could turn rouge again. Or maybe announce that version 2.0 is out and have the link go to a page that says you've been fooled.

These are just some of the dumber suggestions, what do you guys think?
    The name might be missleading, I'm not jigglypuff.

"...A Bible! A Bible! We have got a Bible, and there cannot be any more Bible."
    Second Nephi 29:3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    49.14%
    You mean like last year? Or the year before I believe the ag homepage said nintendo shut us down.

Edit: I got it! We put a text file called "readme.txt" that reads, "APRIL FOOLS", and we put this text file inside a zip, that's inside another zip, that's inside another zip, and so on. We'll have as many zips in zips that someone actually takes the time to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.74%
    I pondered doing something, myself.

Here's a thought: DN can post a beta in here (the latest, for today, if possible; otherwise, 147 will do), and someone can create a post saying that we are freely giving away the new beta, and post a link to an appropriate filename at an appropriate location. The thing is, the file posted is actually related to build 104, or ZC 1.90, or - if you are really cruel - even ZC 1.84.

And yes, the download would contain nothing but zelda.exe and zquest.exe.

Whaddaya think? I can be the person described above, if you wish. DN: you can host the file at a unique anonymous location, and delete it at the end of the day. :)

Cyclone
    [email protected]
    -----
    "This generation will run the country someday, unfortunately. Maybe we will get lucky and they will all stay bums." - Starkist
    -----
    Meh... sleep is for the weak. [goes back to sleep] - inori :rofl:
    -----
    You have a lot of people quoted in your sig. But not me. Thank you. - Tygore
    -----
    I got a brother who knows about this place... he can pass on the message if something ever happened to me. Then you'll all know when to rejoice. - Daarkseid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    49.14%
    Originally posted by Cyclone
    The thing is, the file posted is actually related to build 104, or ZC 1.90, or - if you are really cruel - even ZC 1.84.
    Or if you're really REALLY cruel, the oldest version we can find. For example, the version where the enemies aren't completed yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.47%

A real good AF joke

Post a link to a new version of the Demo Quest. Post that link to a page at the QDB that actually doesnt exist and have the page say "You have just been fooled." But we have to make it all look real. Make up a phony review and a download link in the QDB and put it as the QOTW...How 'bout it Cyclone
    My new MySpace Zelda Classic Community <--This group is still open as of 2010

Lost Triforce Series comeback in the works, being imported to 2.11, as that one I can use in XP and change screen size.

Also, look for me on Facebook at DemoQuestFan's Facebook Page

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.74%
    Can't select it as a QOTW, I'm afraid.

Well, yet.

Cyclone
    [email protected]
    -----
    "This generation will run the country someday, unfortunately. Maybe we will get lucky and they will all stay bums." - Starkist
    -----
    Meh... sleep is for the weak. [goes back to sleep] - inori :rofl:
    -----
    You have a lot of people quoted in your sig. But not me. Thank you. - Tygore
    -----
    I got a brother who knows about this place... he can pass on the message if something ever happened to me. Then you'll all know when to rejoice. - Daarkseid

Robots in Disguise
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.77%
    Thing is, everyone's expecting it. Now, if we do the joke on April 2 instead (doing it a day late would be part of the joke, as in, "April Fools! The joke is on a different day!"), it might be good. However, posting a fake beta is just cruel. I'm not going to do it. However, if any of you wish to do something like that, I'm not going to stop you.

Or, we could do what I had planned on doing last year. Say I'm releasing another public beta on April 1 (I think it's about time for another small one, with disclaimers and everything, mainly to see if anyone else has any small problems with it). Everyone is going to assume it's a joke, but will click the link anyway. Sure enough, the page it takes you to says it was a joke. However, if you scroll to the very bottom of the page, the real link is there. All I have to do is fix a few of the bugs that were found in beta 147.

Thoughts? I could post the new beta tomorrow morning around 9 am Eastern.

However, since it may not happen at all, I won't say that I'm posting the beta until I actually do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    38.09%
    What would be awesome.. is if a dialog box could be added to the oldest version of ZC DN could find, that says upon opening ZQuest or Zelda "You have just been fooled by the Beta Testing Team - Happy April Fools Day. Btw, this is version 1.84" or whatever version you can find.. even older one would be better

Try to make people think it's 2.0, or even the newest beta, that'd be funny.

EDIT: Damn! DN! you posted just before me Your idea is good too, as long as no one lets on that the real beta is there.. it'd be fun to see who actually does download it and who does not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    45.45%
    Sounds like a good idea... I'm gonna laugh at this one for a while
    (00:31:01) (Shinobu) pants
    (00:31:39) • Amber looks down
    (00:31:50) (Amber) yesh, i remembered 'em

Robots in Disguise
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.77%
    Sorry, guys. I'm not gonna have time to do another beta by tomorrow morning. So, the joke is off.

Thread Information