0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.66%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Final Fantasy 4 on Wonderswan Color

Oh god. I tried it and I wanted to throw up on it. The overworld effects (mode 7) were horrible. The graphics of cecil and the other sprites were modified too, but it still wasn't worth it at all. I seriously hope they port FF4 to GBA, along with any decent WSC games.

But ya, incase anyone was wondering about FF4 on WSC, it's so-so for a port. You're better off playing the PSX port or the original game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    30.66%
    I thought I read something about the WSC not being able to handle FF4 as well as the SNES and Square had to work with the limitations of the system. If its that bad, I also hope that they don't use that specific version for GBA. GBA is capable of SNES games and is certainly capable of FF4. Maybe they'll use new graphics but a better SNES/PSone port to GBA.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.83%
    I don't think Square would port it directly when they can make it better. I read they are actually working on some improvements on FF Tactics GBA and that it wouldn't be a direct port.. So I doubt they would just recycle the Wonderswan stuff.. at least for FF4.. if they port FF1-3 over, that might be ok.. although there is more room to improve there too if they take the time.. of course, no telling if they will even port anything other than FFT.. I would like to see FF VI tho.. that is the best one!!

And like I said, Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2), translated! Yeah! That would be so awesome!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.27%

Re: Final Fantasy 4 on Wonderswan Color

Originally posted by Mottzilla
    Oh god. I tried it and I wanted to throw up on it. The overworld effects (mode 7) were horrible. The graphics of cecil and the other sprites were modified too, but it still wasn't worth it at all. I seriously hope they port FF4 to GBA, along with any decent WSC games.

But ya, incase anyone was wondering about FF4 on WSC, it's so-so for a port. You're better off playing the PSX port or the original game.
    FFIV on wonderswan!? What was Square thinking? That they may not be able to get their FF series on the GBA after all? Well, they don't have to settle for the WSC anymore... unless of course they have a contract with Bandai, though I doubt that.

Thread Information