Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.63%

Re: Alphadawg's unofficial 3rd Quest Help

I believe there is a hidden shop somewhere that also sells super bombs, but don't remember where that is...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.67%

Okay, first of all thankies for all your help. I made it up to Level 8 (done about half of it and already found the magic key) and I finished Levels 6 and 7 completely except for getting the map in Level 6 (missing two rooms, I think) and also missing two rooms in Level 7 (the left inner end of the "M" shaped form), however I think I got what it needs to beat Level 8. I found the magical rod in Level 7 and I bought three super bombs in Level 6 at one time, one being used for opening Level 7 entrance.

I am worried that a heart piece might be in one of the two missing rooms in Level 7. In Level 6, I found the heart piece quite easily, also in all other dungeons I found always one heart piece. So, all I'd like to know is ... should I worry about those two lost rooms in Level 7 or isn't it worth the effort to go back? Also, I'd like to know the way to find the map of Level 6, just to make the quest clean and complete.

As for Level 8 ... wow, so many passageways ... up to now, I was able to keep them all in my head, butt for this one, I think I need to write them on paper, so I don't miss the right ones and stay clear of the false ones.
    If you want to stay updated with all links to my current projects, please visit my signature at www.purezc.net - thanks and have fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.63%

Level 6: Read my second to last post. I gave directions on where to find the map.

Level 7: I'm going to type a rough sketch here, but are these the rooms you're talking about? (the ones with Xs)

OO----OO
    OLX--OOO
    O-XOOO-O
    O-OOOO-O
    O--OO--O
    O--OO--O
    O------O
    O------O

If so, then I'm glad you were able to find Level 8 without the hint (which is in one of those rooms). And, yes, an HCP is here, in the other room (one of the oddest HCPs to get in the entire game in my opinion). There's a wall of blocks you need to get past in the adjacent room on the left (marked with an L). That's just a hint to get you started.

Level 8: You have the right idea. Now remember that tactic for Level 9; you can easily get lost in that place.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.67%

Okay, after some more hours of "work", I finished Level 8 and I got the flippers (someone said there are no flippers in this quest, butt there are, I've got them now) from a small water cave sort of level with four Diggies as guard. *lol* Level 8 wasn't too hard to find actually, after I found out there were some "loose bushes" ... hehe. And, as usual, I couldn't find two rooms in Level 8 now, and I highly guess there's another HCP in those two unexplored rooms. After playing Level 8 three times (once I lost a savegame with Level 8 finished ... grrr), I can navigate through that level quite okay, just those two rooms are apparently inaccessible. =(

Yes, about Level 7, those are the rooms I couldn't get at. And thankies for giving me a hint on how to get there ... however, I can only approach that room from the left or the top. There must be a warp to the right side then, now I have to do the entire level again just to find the other side of the warp, lolies. :)

Edit: I found the map in Level 6 eventually, it was much easier than I thought, I just missed that room on the bottom corner. Sometimes, I'm just stupid. :) Now it's just that warp in Level 7 to those two rooms with the HCP and the hint ... all warps I have tried go to the third room (dark) with the Vires and the diagonal block rows. One goes to a room with Blue Bubbles, and that one leads to a T-shaped lake room with blue Wizzies which I can now get past with the flippers directly to the boss section (isn't helping me at all though). The only warps which don't lead to the Vire or Blue Blubble room are the warps you need to make your way up to the boss if you don't have the flippers. I really need a hint where the warp room for the two last rooms is. :)

Edit 2: And about those two rooms in Level 8 ... I could need a hint for them, too, if possible. :)
    If you want to stay updated with all links to my current projects, please visit my signature at www.purezc.net - thanks and have fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.63%

Flippers: So they are in the game. Gee, I guess my memory is foggy in some areas... Well, at least my saved drawings of the dungeon maps are helping you...

Level 7: Approach from the top and do something with the wall of blocks on the right (i.e. use one of your items). So, no, there is no warp to get over there.

Level 8: The one shaped like a G, right? Again with the drawing:

-OOOOOO-
    OO----OO
    OO------
    OO-OOOX-
    OO----XL
    OO-----O
    OO----OO
    -OOOOOO-

This tip applies to the prior level, too, but you can actually walk through some walls in this quest (push against them), on top of the usual bombing of others. That's how you reach those two rooms.

Oh, and you're probably missing more than those two rooms. That particular dungeon has two rooms that are not on the map (which I didn't mark on my drawing...yet). Did you find them?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.67%

One on the top left corner of the G is a hint room which I found very urly in the game. I tried the same on the top right, bottom right and bottom left corner of the G, however nothing came out. So, when you type the "L" next to the room "X", I have to use an item or walk through that very wall from the right to the left, I guess. I'll try that. Thankies. :)

Edit: Okay, I have found the missing rooms in both Levels 7 and 8, and I finally got the last two HCP's from those levels and the second bomb upgrade, aaaand ... I found a secret exit next to the magic key location in Level 8, that was a surprise since I had the same in "Legend Of Zelda 1.5 Final", a second exit from Level 8 to find Level 9 ... so funny. ^^ Anyway, I have started Level 9 now, explored about ten rooms so far and died quite quickly, so luckily there is a cheap potion shop short before Level 9's entrance and I am now saving money to buy the lens which I found in the last graveyard. :)

BTW: I also found that second super bomb place (even cheaper than in Level 6)! It was in the large transition cave. :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.63%

Level 9: Good luck with that (really). Hope you don't get lost/frustrated.

Hidden Shop: Oh, that cave. I remembered it was in a cave. I just forgot which cave.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.77%

I think you need an earlier version of ZC to get the flippers...otherwise, that water cave just contains a mute fairy.

Also, for the record, the flippers help you find another bonus item if you know where to look...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.67%

The flippers are good to make shortcuts at some parts, butt when I returned to Level 6, I really preferred the ladder in those Peahat-Zora rooms. Always when I tried to move on the small platforms, I fell into the water. =(

Anyway ... good to know there's a bonus item to get ... I think it's the bonus HCP which I won't need anymore since I have all of them. :)

PS: I bought the lens of truth ... and honestly ... it isn't worth anything! I can't see any secret! Do I do something wrong? It's deducting rupees and I see a circle, butt I don't see any secrets, specially in Level 9 and then I could walk through a wall which wasn't shown by the lens of truth ... I wasted my rupees.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.63%

Quote Originally Posted by patrickab7 View Post
    I think you need an earlier version of ZC to get the flippers...otherwise, that water cave just contains a mute fairy.
    Ah, thanks for clearing that up. That's probably why I was confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Bluefox View Post
    PS: I bought the lens of truth ... and honestly ... it isn't worth anything! I can't see any secret! Do I do something wrong? It's deducting rupees and I see a circle, butt I don't see any secrets, specially in Level 9 and then I could walk through a wall which wasn't shown by the lens of truth ... I wasted my rupees.
    I don't remember the original lens of truth being set to locate walk-through walls. You can use it to find secret combos, though.

Thread Information