Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.28%

Why am I banned from chat???

I don't know who I'm suppossed to contact or what I'm suppossed to do about this.
    I keep getting "#AGN can't join channel (address is banned)"
    I didn't do anything wrong, I didn't even say a thing. I went in there earlier with no problem, I didn't say anthing I was just seeing who was there. Then later I go back and it says I'm banned. :angry: I think this is my ip address "Local host: mke-65-29-145-235.wi.rr.com (65.29.145.235)"

Woo hoo, look at the tektites dance!

I just think I'd be happier as a pretty lesbian girl. -- Glenn the Great

Glenn the Great
    Breaker set that ban in place sometime late last night or earlier today. A member named "not_me" joined, and for some reason Breaker felt the need to kick him out and ban all of wi.rr.com, which includes you, VEL. I have lifted that ban.

Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.28%
    Originally posted by Glenn the Great
    Breaker set that ban in place sometime late last night or earlier today. A member named "not_me" joined, and for some reason Breaker felt the need to kick him out and ban all of wi.rr.com, which includes you, VEL. I have lifted that ban.
    Thanks, I saw him kick out "not_me" and then I left and when I came back I was banned.

Another thing is it okay to use different names in chat? I've done it before and no one ever said not to, I used to do it all the time last year and maybe the year before.

Glenn the Great
    You mean by changing your name, or having simultaneous names in chat? Changing your name is perfectly fine, and as for simultaneous names, no one will get onto you unless you have 3 or more at once. This IRC server allows you to have one other name on at the same time in case you wanted to use it as a bot or whatever.

Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.28%
    I meant changing my name. Someone acted like that wasn't allowed before. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.92%
    I can shed some light on why you were banned VEL.
    We've had some problems with people from #thefarm and other chat rooms doing what's called a "drive-by". They enter #AGN, harvest usernames, and leave. Then they pester the people who's names they've harvested (except staff, of course)...repeatedly sending them invites to join their chat. Neither Breaker or I recognized your IP, and you did enter the room and leave 2 or three times. It looked like a classic "drive-by". We thought that you were one of them. We discussed it, and the IP was banned.

Basically, we thought you were an annoying chat spammer. Sorry about that. We didn't recognize the IP because you haven't been a chat regular up till now (and you weren't using the name VEL). You weren't banned for no reason...we don't do that.

And I don't think you'll have to worry about it in the future.
    I'm stoned and I can still spell, so what's your excuse? ®

"I know you don't hook up the USB to the microwave ,you hook it up to the clock so you have a time stamp on the pictures" -my mother

<&Zaphod> If you were a blue folder full of important papers, where would you hide?
    <Majora_> C:\? my documents? downloads?

Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.28%
    Originally posted by zaphodqix
    I can shed some light on why you were banned VEL.
    We've had some problems with people from #thefarm and other chat rooms doing what's called a "drive-by". They enter #AGN, harvest usernames, and leave. Then they pester the people who's names they've harvested (except staff, of course)...repeatedly sending them invites to join their chat. Neither Breaker or I recognized your IP, and you did enter the room and leave 2 or three times. It looked like a classic "drive-by". We thought that you were one of them. We discussed it, and the IP was banned.

Basically, we thought you were an annoying chat spammer. Sorry about that. We didn't recognize the IP because you haven't been a chat regular up till now (and you weren't using the name VEL). You weren't banned for no reason...we don't do that.

And I don't think you'll have to worry about it in the future.
    Thanks for telling me, I was kinda confused.

Thread Information