User Tag List

Thread: Whistle Pond Weirdness

Pygathrix

Whistle Pond Weirdness

I've worked my way through Alphadawg's tutorial over the last few days, and I've gotten everything to work, except for one little glitch that has me stumped.

When I create a dungeon entrance that appears under a pond that disappears from blowing the whistle, the color of the water doesn't change from blue to sand. The staircase dungeon entrance appears and functions properly, and I can walk across the water to get to the staircase, but the water is still blue.

I've checked under the Secret combos, but I can't find anything for the whistle. Is there a special set of water combo tiles I should use for disappearing water?

I'm using 2.10 (Build 0) of ZV and ZQ, on a Win XP machine.

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    56.09%

Re: Whistle Pond Weirdness

I'm assuming you're using the Classic set..

Did you change the c-set of the secret combos? I know water uses c-set 2 in classic, but there are extra tiles used for the emptying effect with classic, and I think they use a different c-set. You could test it by changing the secret combo to something like sand just to test the c-set. Perhaps you could post a screen, since maybe I'm not understanding the problem. (Press F12 in the player to screencap)

Another thing could be that you set the wrong type of secret combo,.

Pygathrix

Here's what it looks like after I use the whistle:

I looked through the c-sets, but none of the others are the right color. I did use c-set 2.

For the secret combo, I used Stairs under the Misc tab. I don't see any secret combo for the whistle at all. I tried changing the combo to something other than the stair combo, and when I used the whistle, it did change the one water combo to the new combo. It's the water around the stairs that won't change.

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.26%

I'm not sure about this at all, but maybe try un-checking the rule "interpolated fading"—or perhaps a different rule if that doesn't work.

Pygathrix

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_darknut View Post
    I'm not sure about this at all, but maybe try un-checking the rule "interpolated fading"
    That one was already unchecked. I tried checking it, but it didn't change anything.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.44%

Plain and simple... this may have been broken in 2.10. I think it was reported as a known bug and either fixed in 2.10.2 or it has been fixed through the 2.5 beta/alpha builds. It may be a graphic error, but it does still work and you can get into the stairs so at least it's not a game ending bug.

Thread Information