Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    34.43%

Cool Red Alert 2 + Yuri's revenge is cool

Anyone else has the game and addon? I finished the game in single play on easy mode first but that is WAY TOO EASY. I'm gonna try normal now. I also like to toy around with the configuration files and I'm gonna try to add a 4th side with completely new units. Anyway who has this game too and what do you think of it? I prefer playing as Allies against Yuri, playing as Soviet against Allies or playing as Yuri against Soviets. I actually haven't played against a human player yet. I probably will do so many times if I trained many times because right now I will probably be swiped off the map because I'm used to the stupid AI, it especially sucks on maps with much water (I have yet to see it build naval units ).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.12%
    C&C bites majorly. It always has. WarCraft 2 still owns all of you! Well, until WarCraft 3 is released.
    Proud sponsor of the Oh, God of hangovers.

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    86.63%
    I was really addicted to the original C&C, the expansion set (a rarity back then) Covert Operations was way too hard for me, and I somewhat enjoyed Red Alert. After that the whole series rapidly turned into a deja vu... really, I think it doesn't have anything new and fresh anymore.
    "I lost my virginity, can I have yours?"

-Have I not made it clear that this planet, and everything on it does not interest me in the least?

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    34.43%
    I'm not really a fan of the Warcraft/Starcraft games. You have to do way too much. You need wood, gold uhm food, houses then you have to research a hell of a lot stuff and by the time I was ready with all that and building up some nice defenses (in Starcraft) the AI had taken control of 95% of the map.

Edit and way off topic: That's a nice quote Arcayn, the game too btw.

Edit 2: One game that is even worse than that is Ages of Empires (2). You need wood, food, gold, stone, houses and spend a hell of alot of each of those in research and all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.69%
    I like warcraft and starcraft games a lot better, i find C&C to be a bit simplistic and boring in all truth...

wait.... they named a general 'Yuri'?!

i wonder what the japanese would think of that
    -=Left in 2002, returned in 2006. Therefore, I don't think my MPQ stats count anymore...=-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    30.66%
    Originally posted by Dark Jim
    I'm not really a fan of the Warcraft/Starcraft games. You have to do way too much. You need wood, gold uhm food, houses then you have to research a hell of a lot stuff and by the time I was ready with all that and building up some nice defenses (in Starcraft) the AI had taken control of 95% of the map.
    Edit 2: One game that is even worse than that is Ages of Empires (2). You need wood, food, gold, stone, houses and spend a hell of alot of each of those in research and all.
    In Starcraft the only resources you mine are Crystals and Gas to get "money". Then with that "money" you build buildings so you can make units and work your way up the tech ladder (which you don't do all at once but gradually in the game). You only need to upgrade stuff if you want to get ahead of your opponent or catch up. You probably weren't playing fast enough for the computer to take up most of the map. Like with any game, its amazing at how good you become once you've played a whole lot, your skills improve and you can play a lot faster because you know what your doing. In Starcraft you must be aggressive not letting your opponent expand and not turtle into a defense.

I've only played the original C&C a bit which was fun, and is similar to Starcraft, but Starcraft had more for me. I realize C&C is old so I'm not really comparing Starcraft to anything new, and C&C might be better compared to Warcraft 2, which I've never played.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    30.41%
    im an original c+c fan, i got the top score on tiberian sun, and i think that ra2 and yuri's revenge are easy on hard, but maybe its me and my 18hrs of gameplay a night routine

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    34.69%
    Cool sig, Jim. It's an INI entry! Have you made a unit based on that?

Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge is quite possibly the best PC game there is.

By the way Meta, Yuri is about as much a Russian name as you can get. The first man in space was named Yuri Gargarin, a Soviet.
    "When this is over, I'll promote you to.....whatever you like....except President."
    - President Dugan - Red Alert 2: Yuri‘s Revenge

"Do not let any one claim to be a true American if they ever attempt to remove religion from politics."
    --George Washington

Fight like a brave,
    Don't be a slave,
    No one can tell you,
    You've got to be afraid.

"We're the guys with the ammo and the plan...just watch." - Harvard Bonin, producer of Command and Conquer: Generals.

I'm so tired of everyone putting profound, anime' style sayings in there sigs. Tis a message board people.

Thread Information