0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    70.84%
    If I read that correctly, we'll be able to use any of 256 csets on a screen instead of the current 0-5. And any of 16,383 combos. Am I right? Excellent, but how are you going to arrange it so that scrolling through the combos and csets doesn't get too unwieldy?
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
    However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Robots in Disguise
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.3%
    Well, the 256 CSets thing probably won't show up for a while, but the possibility will exist.

As for the 16k combos, probably a special key combination would move one "page" at a time (256 combos at once).

Also, the reason that 16,384 combos were chosen over another power of 2 is because there was only room on the screen for 64 selection items (on the combo page select screen). With the need for that gone, I could safely move the max number of usable combos up to 64k. Maybe even tiles, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.12%
    Originally posted by Dark Nation

Man, just can't please some people.

I'm working on it, guys. Don't worry.
    I think I have a lead on the 1,2,3 quest problem. I was looking at them in a hex editor, and compared to newfirst_fixed, the header string is different in the "official" quests.

newfirst: "Zelda Classic Quest File"
    official quests: "Zelda Classic Quest File" CR/LF

The first and second quests play for me, using "ZELDA" to jump into the 2nd quest, despite giving an error message immediately after you register your name.

OH!
    and the reason 3rd quest doesn't seem to work is that it is actually 2nd quest. The files are identical. Dunno how that happened.

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." - C.S. Lewis

"Hypocrisy is wrong, but a society which decides to live up to its standards by not having any is worse." - George Neumayr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    2.8%
    Fatcatfan: My guess is DN didn't want to mess with the 3rd quest or download it, so he just replaced it with the 2nd quest.

Dark Nation: Wow! That sounds great. Nice that you added that new block thing too, many more puzzles will be possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.12%
    Originally posted by KJAZZ
    Fatcatfan: My guess is DN didn't want to mess with the 3rd quest or download it, so he just replaced it with the 2nd quest.
    No, I'd swear he mentioned adding it as the official third quest. Otherwise, it's not official.

But just in case, I'll include it here.

Even better, I'll link to it at the QDB.

Cyclone
    [email protected]
    -----
    "This generation will run the country someday, unfortunately. Maybe we will get lucky and they will all stay bums." - Starkist
    -----
    Meh... sleep is for the weak. [goes back to sleep] - inori :rofl:
    -----
    You have a lot of people quoted in your sig. But not me. Thank you. - Tygore
    -----
    I got a brother who knows about this place... he can pass on the message if something ever happened to me. Then you'll all know when to rejoice. - Daarkseid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    2.8%
    No, I meant he didn't want to bother with it for us beta testers, but when its ready to package, he will include it.

Also, an idea with custom blocks. How about a block that you push, and it doesn't stop until it hits a solid combo or the edge of the screen. If added, all you need to make is a single one, because 4 way is the only one that will work, because pushing in one direction is pointless. It might be kinda hard to implement, but hey, ya gotta put the hard stuff in sometime, ya know?

Thread Information