Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.95%

Cool Days of Eternity updates!

First off, there is an update to demo 1 that fixes a bug or two out. Just download the demo again to get it.

Second, I rushed Demo 1 a little too much, so I'll be releasing a Demo 2 to make up for it. It will include a little more, but it will end in the middle of Level 2.

It will also be much more exploreable with most areas that were blocked off before opened up.

Third, here is some new areas I have added (screenshots tomorrow as I don't have time tonight):

To begin with, I've added the swamp. It is basically what it says. A small swampy area that will connect to the Frozen Desert.

I've also added a dungeon in this area called "Bloody Hideaway". Apparently, someone you know too well will die in this mini dungeon. Their death will result in blood pouring out of the walls and a passage opening to the Frozen Desert and the "Seasons Dimension".

Coming after that is the Frozen Desert in the "Seasons Dimension". I do have a screenshot of it, but I don't have time to link to it again. Basically, a small frozen desert. Day 2 of this area will be called something else and it will be a very hot desert.

After this will be "Demon Mountain". The Frozen Desert sits on top of some cursed mountains. This area will feature places to drop off the edges of the rocks onto other edges on a different screen. I also plan to make Day 2 of this area completely different. This area isn't exactly finished as I only have 1 screen of it finished.

Well, I'm out of time, so some more details will come tomorrow.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    40.41%
    Excellent! Can't wait to try that level out!
    Gaming Universe...
    Zelda, Link's Odyssey...Hosted Forum by GU
    Nightmare's SF-IBM...Hosted Forum by GU

05-05-02 Links are now updated.. Thanks DJ for pointing it out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.95%

Screenshots 1

All I have right now are 2 screenshots:

(as usual both of them have transparency troubles )

Anyway, in the first pic, you are basically walking around the swamp. It unfortunately got wiped out yesterday for some odd reason so I have to redo it unless one of my QSU's happen to have the fix. Apparently the screens were filled with various patterns of water and it only seemed to effect my swamp. I have the Day 1 forest on the same map and nothing happened to it.

Edit:Wasn't this predictable? First Unification 2, now this quest. Zquest really doesn't like me. Well, I did manage to find my swamp in one of the QSU's I made, but I had to import the map, so my first two maps and their templates messed up. I'm still baffled as to what caused the swamp to "sink".

The second pic is after that character you know too well is already dead.

More to come later.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    67.96%
    I loove your swamp. Reminds me of the Swamps of Sadness in The NeverEnding Story... where... Artax... *snif* *snif* :cry:

*snif*
    Okay, I'm better.

Qale
    > Shake your paranoia
    >
    > Finally, the Qale has come BACK
    > To Zelda Classic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.95%

Screenshots 2

Thanks. :)

Here are some more screenshots. Ignore the odd looking rocks in the first two as it's a problem I have to fix.

Watch out! Your about to fall off the edge!

Thank goodness you landed on this ledge with a hole leading to Level 2! (That hole in that place looks odd because you would think Link would fall out of the bottom of it. Let's just say it slopes into the mountain. )

Cold! (Wonders happen when you use the F1 key and the F3 key in combination to take a screenshot of peahats in 104. Actually, all of them looked normal except one.)

I see my experiment was a success. The first two pics transparency colors were set to a hot pink and they don't look odd. The last pic was left as it was and it has some transparency problems. :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    57.87%
    Oh man, oh man, oh man...
    That quest is the hammer!!!
    Nice to see you again

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.78%
    Hmmm, yea, the ice lake tiles look alot better in Orion;s new pallette than the one I use. Oh well, live and learn.

-C

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.95%
    Thanks. :)

Actually, I copied the palatte from the pic of them over to the Ice Palace palatte in the tileset (there was a blank Cset). I then used the cset offset thing to make sure they worked on Cset 2 (for the purposes of getting the doors to look right). I would have waited for Orion's next release for the ice palace tiles that work with the given palatte, but it was too tempting. :)

As of now, Level 2 is going to have many entrances all over the mountain. The entrance to the boss area though is in the Frozen Desert (the peak of the mountain). I also promised multiple routes, but that will happen in the boss area. :)

Testers: Apparently there is a bug at Bloody Hideaway that pretty much messes things up. When you get to the room with... the shadowy figure, walk up to them. Some text will start popping up. Turn on the "No Walls" cheat and walk down. Now walk back up then turn it off. The scene should work correctly now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.78%
    You know, its not that I mind, but I'm noticing some parrallels between what you do with DoE and what you beta test in DoY... after the first beta, you put switches that moved blocks up and down in your game... after spending roughly a week in the crypt, you make a dungeon with multiple enterences.... Just curious, are you seeking inspiration in my work, or is this just a crazy coincidence?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.95%
    Well, I had the urge to make an Ice Palace after playing the tower and Level 2 was going to be in the Frozen Desert... However it isn't going to be as immense as the Crypt as this is just Level 2. And besides, Day 2 of this thing is a Desert Palace. It's even going to have 2 bosses and you can choose which one you want to fight (but once you choose your stuck with the choice).

Actually, your work is inspiring me, but I'm not copying everything from your quest. I did my switches different than yours (unless you changed them after that demo). The multiple entrance thing is something I already had planned for the quest before I even played DoY. I've added a lot of my own tricks too. I'm not copying everything from your quest as that's just impossible and it isn't right. It wouldn't be my work if I did. I was going to do something with switches before, but I didn't know how to do it until your quest inspired me.

I did use the music from the Endless Desert in my Day 2 version of the Frozen Desert, but that's only because I couldn't find anything else.

Anyway, your quest is like the best one I've played and I like testing it, and then inspiration hits me while I play it.

Trust me. Even though some of the tricks and ideas look a little similar, the actual Levels play completely different.

Edit: Ok. I just have enough room for 3 more midis, so I'll have to sacrifice Level music! :angry: Oh well. There goes my brilliant plan to have different music in each Day's dungeons depending on the theme. I'll have to choose a single midi for all of the remaining dungeons and not try to make such big changes between days.

Thread Information