Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.14%

Msvcrt.dll

As I was looking at the latest Beta through programmers eyes, I saw that alleg40.dll and the Windows ports of zc and zquest import functions from msvcrt.dll, a file which is not distributed with zc. Understandably so, it would increase the download size. But might some of the bugs and crashes we see be due use of different versions of this library? Might even have something to with the program refusing to start on some computers, though I don't really think so.

Doing a quick search on my own system revealed the presence all of the following versions:

and the most recent of those wasn't even the one in my \windows\system\ directory. I recently reinstalled everything on my computer, and I can't recall if I installed the latest VC++ service packs, so I may not even have the latest version of msvcrt.dll.

Anyway, it might be worthwhile to look at this more closely. And I saw some other interesting things in there... "37 random files deleted"... but we'll leave that alone for now

P.S. I am officially claiming the "eek" smilie as my own. DN has his, DC his, SB his. EEK just happens to be my initials, so...

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." - C.S. Lewis

"Hypocrisy is wrong, but a society which decides to live up to its standards by not having any is worse." - George Neumayr

Robots in Disguise
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.32%
    Perhaps I should include msvcrt.dll in the Windows support archive?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.14%
    I don't guess it could hurt.

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." - C.S. Lewis

"Hypocrisy is wrong, but a society which decides to live up to its standards by not having any is worse." - George Neumayr

Thread Information