0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.75%
    You mean manually select it an play it in ZC? You never could. You have to play through them. You start out on 1st.qst. If you beat it or you enter your name as 'Zelda', then you play the 2nd.qst. If you beat that or enter your name as Alpha (the winner of the 3rd Qeust contest), then you play the 3rd quest.

As for loading them in ZQuest, they are password protected so people can't cheat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.72%
    No, DN. I type a screenname, and I'm told that 1st.qst is an invalid quest file. Zelda (2nd) and Alpha (3rd) produce the same result.

Meanwhile, I selected a random custom quest...and it worked.

{Edit} Did further testing. It brings up a notice saying invalid quest file, but when I go to play it, it gives me 1st.qst. I realized this when I tried Alpha (getting the prompt for 3rd.qst) and tried playing it, only to find Level 1 as expected in the first quest...not the old geezer sitting there in AD's quest. {/Edit}

Cyclone
    [email protected]
    -----
    "This generation will run the country someday, unfortunately. Maybe we will get lucky and they will all stay bums." - Starkist
    -----
    Meh... sleep is for the weak. [goes back to sleep] - inori :rofl:
    -----
    You have a lot of people quoted in your sig. But not me. Thank you. - Tygore
    -----
    I got a brother who knows about this place... he can pass on the message if something ever happened to me. Then you'll all know when to rejoice. - Daarkseid

Robots in Disguise
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.75%
    Hrmmm... I may need to check that tomorrow morning...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.72%
    All right, I don't know what the Windows version does, but the DOS version at least gives me that. Can someone with Windows check about this? I repeat, there's an error message with each of the first three quests (including AD's, now 3rd.qst) about an invalid quest file (bringing up 1st.qst itself in all cases as a default when you try to start one of the other two), but custom quests work perfectly if you happen to select one.

Otherwise, I'll dapple with ZQuest later 2nite. Leaving in...oh, 5 minutes, maybe.

Cyclone
    [email protected]
    -----
    "This generation will run the country someday, unfortunately. Maybe we will get lucky and they will all stay bums." - Starkist
    -----
    -----
    -----
    I got a brother who knows about this place... he can pass on the message if something ever happened to me. Then you'll all know when to rejoice. - Daarkseid

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.84%
    Yeah, same thing happens to me with the Windows version. I was gonna report this myself, until I saw your post.

I've also noticed that the file select screen, when you perform this bug, shows the same amount of hearts as the last custom quest you loaded...
    "Walking around naked is a health issue. Forinstance, if you walk around naked and aren't a hot woman, people like me are a threat to your health when we start shooting at you."
    -Mottzilla

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    45.42%
    Er.... I'm not sure... but I think it may be because the quest files havnt been converted to the new format since you added the new push-blocks

You should probably make a program to convert quest files to the latest version so people can use other peoples custom quests.

And if I'm wrong... oh well... I'm sure DN will find the problem.
    (00:31:01) (Shinobu) pants
    (00:31:39) • Amber looks down
    (00:31:50) (Amber) yesh, i remembered 'em

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.72%
    KA, the quest files themselves work. It's just not recognizing the actual three quests (assuming AD's actually happened ) as "custom quests". That's because, basically, they aren't custom quests; they have numbers 1, 2, and 3 in the quest number area of the header info. They are the only quests that SHOULD have that; the rest maintain a 0. But since the three don't have a 0, ZC doesn't want to recognize them.

Maybe this might help, DN. It treats them like custom quests, but still plays 1st.qst by default unless you select one yourself.

Cyclone
    [email protected]
    -----
    -----
    -----
    -----

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    45.42%
    Er... I'm not loading them as custom quests... and I do remember that my quest was unplayable with the last bata untill I opened it and saved it in ZQ...

I typed in ALPHA as my name and it said that 3rd.qst was invalid.
    (00:31:01) (Shinobu) pants
    (00:31:39) • Amber looks down
    (00:31:50) (Amber) yesh, i remembered 'em

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.65%
    Well, since you can still push these blocks over solid combos on layers 1 and 2, is it possible to create a screen flag that triggers when you push a infinite block over every single one? Kinda like Turtle Rock in LA.
    Link to the Past Tileset for ZC available here: http://www.filespace.org/bam200308/lttptileset2.4.zip

"Lie? Me? Never. The truth is far too much fun."

Thread Information