Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    27.5%

Oh yeah, that's pathetic.

:eyebrow: What the hell is up with all of these stupid dance/music/rythym games all of the sudden? By the gods, it's the most pathetic thing I've ever heard of! Playing a dancing arcade game? Go to a club! Playing music or rapping? Get a mike and an instrument, genius! I mean, simulated sports are bad enough, but when you have simulated dancing and sining, which can be done anywhere, anytime, that's just so sad. Honestly, why not do something more productive? Play a game with some substance, read a good book, fall into a coma, they're all good alternatives!
    Proud sponsor of the Oh, God of hangovers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.81%
    The thing is, though, that dancing isn't simulated if you're really moving your body, especially your feet. While it's true they could just go to a club, games like DDR provide a real challenge and a decent workout, and the style of dancing is different from anything you'll see on a dance floor. Plus it's just fun. If you don't enjoy it yourself, I can understand that, but don't knock it. There are those who enjoy it, just as there are those who enjoy old 8-bit games.
    Skatche, head priest of the Cult of Duckduck
    Praise Duckduck!

Read my fanfics!

Tell me, why are you
    Reading this haiku I wrote?
    It's a waste of time.

I just think I'd be happier as a pretty lesbian girl. -- Glenn the Great

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.35%
    I feel the same way about the stupid dance type games, but I do like the sports games. I dont get why people would buy a game like that. People need to think of better and new ideas for games!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    32.73%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Re: Oh yeah, that's pathetic.

Originally posted by DarkDragoonX
    :eyebrow: What the hell is up with all of these stupid dance/music/rythym games all of the sudden? By the gods, it's the most pathetic thing I've ever heard of! Playing a dancing arcade game? Go to a club! Playing music or rapping? Get a mike and an instrument, genius! I mean, simulated sports are bad enough, but when you have simulated dancing and sining, which can be done anywhere, anytime, that's just so sad. Honestly, why not do something more productive? Play a game with some substance, read a good book, fall into a coma, they're all good alternatives!
    Well first off, real dancing doesn't award points for getting proper dance step combos. You see the game Dance Dance Revolution? The point was to step in the proper sequence the game gave you, and the best way to do well was to be fast and follow a pattern of sorts, so it looked like Dancing. Besides, real Clubs are scary, not like Arcades where everybody else is as dumpy and worthless as you are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    27.5%
    0o0o0o0o0o, points and combos! Well, that changes everything, doesn't it?
    Proud sponsor of the Oh, God of hangovers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.34%
    Hey, these things have been around forever.. doesn't anyone rememeber "Dance Aerobics" for the NES with the god-aweful Power Pad? haha.. my friend had that.. needless to say we didn't play it much cuz it sucked. Track and Field was the only semi-decent Power Pad game and that sucked too

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    85.05%
    This falls into the category "Japanese weirdness", together with fishing simulators (with actual rod! yawn..), horse race sims (with actual (somewhat) horse!) and train simulators. I'm not kidding you. Oh, and of course sports and dating sims as well.

For me the point of games is to do something you couldn't in reality... immerse in a world of fantasy, or be a one-man army, things like that. It's called immersion. Hence, should those other games be called, "unimmersion?" Anyway, they don't interest me.
    "I lost my virginity, can I have yours?"

-Have I not made it clear that this planet, and everything on it does not interest me in the least?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.68%
    Personally, I've never played any dancing games or anything. Although DDR seems to be fairly popular. Ask Nightmare, he's addicted to the thing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    32.73%
    Yeah, according to your reasoning, DDX, we may as well fuck the Simulation genre altogether("Dating sims? Go find yourself a REAL date" "Simcity? Why don't you go get elected mayor of a city and then you can manage a REAL city!" "SimEarth(old game)? Why don't you just become God, then you can REALLY manage a planet!").

I'll leave it at that.

Certainly they existed... AlexMax's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    55.46%
    DarkDragonX, aren't you being a little bit closed minded here? I mean, just a month ago, you were complaining about how much people were hacking on Lunar 2 and saying how it sucked.

Well, for one, I happen to like dancing/beat games. I don't very much like Dance Dance Revolution. The music is good, but I don't live near an arcade, and I don't want to bother buying a ghetto dancepad to play it on.

But then, there is Frequency. Ah yes...sweet Frequency. All you have to do is pump that shit through some stereo headphones or some Surround Sound (Sadly, it doesn't support Dolby Digital 5:1), and actually PLAY the game. The game does sound stupid in practice, but I picked it up and played for hours on end, not realizing how hooked I was until I finnished, and got the urge to do it all over again.

And why not just track music instead of doing remixes on Frequency? Do you have any fscking idea how HARD it is to track professional-sounding music? I'm not talking about crapola MIDI's that sound different on every computer, or stupid little MOD's with four channels and 8 bit samples. I'm talking about HIGH QUALITY TRACKING (XM, IT)

Take a look at this pic from FastTracker 2:

Yikes!

Now take a look at Frequency:

Which would YOU rather make music with? Granted, you can only remix stuff that has already been done, but isn't that better than trying to scounge up instruments and samples, learning all the different special effects and tracking a whole new tune? (I'm not bashing Trackers, by the way)

And Dating Sims? Don't knock them until you play a good one. I mean it. There are the pure 'sim's' that have you scheduling your activities on a day in day out basis (True Love) and some that play more like an interactive story (Season of the Sakura). Either way, they are masterpieces, and shouldn't be trashed unless played for more than five minutes.

That is ALL I have to say. Now shut up, before I start regretting buying Lunar 2.

Thread Information