User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: zeldaclassic.com

NerdWarrior
    Originally posted by Syntax Error

Well, anyone who uses a browser lower than Netscape version 4.78 has an inverted cranium if they haven't upgraded yet, and therefor should be shot.

Eww... Netscape.. you people need to convert to the Church of Slac-- er, Mozilla.
    If God had intended us to use Netscape 4.78 and higher, then he wouldn't have given us Netscape 3.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.02%
    I meant to say, It looks really really aweful in Netscape 4.78, which I think should be used as a standard to judge regular features of a site when designing one, despite it being old.

Actually, One should test sites in a few browsers. I myself test things in Netscape 4.78, Opera, and IE. Generally if it looks good in the first two, I don't need to test it in IE, cause I know it will look good there. But, it doesn't work the other way around though (saying if it looks good in IE, it will look good everywhere else).

Example: My friend was coding a html page for a class in school, he put a line of code to print stuff right before the < BODY > tag. Following the rules of HTML, things before the body tag don't show up! But, low and behold, when he tested it, it did show up in IE. Bad IE, very bad. Anyone that knows even a little about html will tell you that's a big no no.

Netscape on the other hand was a good browser and displayed it how it was supposed to be displayed (which in this case of that line of code - not at all) Not until my friend cut and pasted the line to right after the < BODY > tag did it look good everywhere.

IE should interpret code as it's written, not how the writer meant to have it but didn't cause he/she goofed. Error correcting is no good unless you're told what's been corrected! How else are you supposed to develop good practice and learn how it really should be if there were no error checking, like in ALL browsers cept IE?

Certainly they existed... AlexMax's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    55.89%
    The headings for news stories are also messed up in Opera 6.01. No carterage return.

Thread Information