User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Longest Journey ... IS HERE!! Download it now!!

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    40.86%

The Longest Journey - Discussion

Mod. Edit: this is a topic from October, 2000. Check the dates. Please take that into account before commenting on this being a new quest. Also, the links don't work.

-----

"The Longest Journey" is here. This is yet another account of Link's early battles against Gannon. Find the 8 triforce segments with help from the underground Resistance movement. Then head to Death Mountain for a final showdown with Gannon and his fiercest minions.

New version of the Lost Hills, and also a region called the Lost Lake (don't worry, it does NOT feature 8 million raft branches you have to guess). Easy areas, moderate areas, sick demented areas, something for everyone. I hope it pleases.

Without furthur adieu...!!

Download: http://www.geocities.com/pleitorian/zeldaclassic.html

=======
    notes

no, it's not BS Zelda, so if you hate the classic gfx, don't flame me over it. The sequel will be BS Zelda, unless I get so much feedback saying NOT to use that, then I won't.

No secret arrow tiles, but everything else is fair game.

[This message has been edited by pLeitorian (edited 10-15-2000).]

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    40.86%

Oh btw

Feedback is appreciated. There's an email in the Readme and I added a topic to the other board. Kind of stinks that no one is around right now...

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    40.86%

Exclamation

Forgot some info

This quest is 100% Complete and should be Bug Free!! Haven't seen any comments yet, so I thought I'd point this out. I know there's a lot of half-done quests out there. This is the first, last, etc etc release.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.97%

Sounds like a good quest! I'll have to play it once I get all my school work out of the way.

Bug free quest...sounds too good to be true

------------------
    "Don't forget to buckle when you fall beneath the pressure of the seconds when your life became a screamer" ~Good Charlotte

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    40.86%

I'm not kidding... I went through it screen by screen, played it without cheats 3 times over. I literally had dozens of pages of notes as I painstakingly fixed everything... tile by excruciating tile.

The only "bugs" are general Zelda Classic bugs... like being on the ladder over water, getting hit and being bumped to other tiles... or whistling out of a fairy with life filling and getting a bad sound to play constantly. I can't control that, but there are no DESIGN bugs, how's that

If something behaves odd or different, 999 of 1000 times I'll bet you I meant it that way, as a secret/surprise. For example there are caves you open "indirectly" from other screens... totally INTENTIONAL!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.97%

How would you open caves from another screen? The only thing I can think of that would do that is the 3 stariway warps. After you go through one, the others appear...is that how you did it?

BTW, I'm gonna start playing your quest, I'll have feedback up soon

------------------
    "Don't forget to buckle when you fall beneath the pressure of the seconds when your life became a screamer" ~Good Charlotte

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    40.86%

Yeah. I'm not giving much away, because one of the guys in the game will tell you about this phenomenon while you're in the "Southwest" (second) Overworld.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.97%

Hey! Like your quest so far. I found level 2 and 3 before finding level 1, but that's ok. I don't go up at the beginning like most normal people.

I liked that cave you have leading to the sword and I did like level 1. It was pretty challenging for a first level. I don't know about the room with the 4 moldorms, but the rest is great. I ran outta bombs though and need some more to beat the dodongo.

But do you think you'll make it so you can hit space and see the overworld map? From exploring a little it looks like it would really help. Besides, this is "The Longest Journey", you should help us out a litte...

Well I'm gonna keep playing, looks promising!

------------------

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    40.86%

There's a definite **reason** there's no overhead map

I figured people would have grabbed bombs in a shop before level 1, so I only left the one bomb room in the level (and if you saw the Zquest map editor, there's nowhere to put more rooms off level 1 anyway!). Good to know for next time

Glad you liked the first cave. Level 1 is much easier with the wooden boomerang... did you find it (not the one for sale) ?

I'm not sure about the rules, maybe we should continue this in the ZC Discussion thread (I set one up for Longest Journey over there). I don't want to get this moved and closed for being off topic - as it still
    has the quest announcement!!)

[This message has been edited by pLeitorian (edited 10-17-2000).]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.97%

No, I haven't found the boomerang, but I think I know which room it is in

------------------

Thread Information