PDA

View Full Version : Increase maximum Cursor Scale

Asuna Yuuki Nagato
02-04-2024, 06:50 PM
The current maximum Cursor Scale (which can be set via Etc->Options->Settings) is 5. I recommend increasing this as monitor resolutions are increasing and it becomes more difficult to see where the cursor is when the editor is maximized.

Asuna Yuuki Nagato
02-05-2024, 10:12 AM
I tried changing this line in zq_options.cpp:

ROW_TF_FLOAT(OPT_CURS_LARGE, "Cursor Scale", 1, 10),

and changing it to 10 in that menu but the cursor still appears the same size as when the scale was 5.

Asuna Yuuki Nagato
02-05-2024, 10:35 AM
load_mice() in zq_misc.cpp seems like a good place to investigate - it has a lot of hardcoded bitmap resolutions.

Asuna Yuuki Nagato
02-07-2024, 08:20 PM
In render.cpp, I tried changing what mouse_arrow_data is initialized to (it's a bitmap of the null mouse cursor) but I see no change after recompiling.

Gleeok
02-08-2024, 01:49 AM
Hmm... Off the top of my head so may not be correct /as in the code/, but allegro draws all bitmaps by blitting them to an internal bitmap, or backbuffer. I think it's being drawn to a dest rectangle, so unless you scale that final destination rect then it doesn't matter how big the source bitmap is.

Or there is still allegro handling this internally as part of the GUI routines... this needs investigating.

That is a good suggestion.

Asuna Yuuki Nagato
02-08-2024, 04:11 PM
Hmm... Off the top of my head so may not be correct /as in the code/, but allegro draws all bitmaps by blitting them to an internal bitmap, or backbuffer. I think it's being drawn to a dest rectangle, so unless you scale that final destination rect then it doesn't matter how big the source bitmap is.

Or there is still allegro handling this internally as part of the GUI routines... this needs investigating.

That is a good suggestion.

I didn't even change the size of mouse_arrow_data 2D array - just its contents, and still no change.