PDA

View Full Version : copy and paste a screen?

Asuna Yuuki Nagato
01-28-2024, 10:15 AM
Let's say I spend a bunch of time making a screen nice and perfect, then realize I was at the wrong screen on the map. How do I copy the screen to the correct screen?

Gleeok
01-28-2024, 06:50 PM
In the editor are various menu options that allow you to copy/paste screens with various data associated with that screen. For example you can paste everything, or just FFC's, etc.

Asuna Yuuki Nagato
01-28-2024, 08:16 PM
Thanks, so it seems to be as simple as:

1. Navigate to screen you want to copy
2. Edit->Copy
3. Navigate to screen you want to paste over
4. Edit->Paste

BegaVega
01-28-2024, 08:51 PM
There's keyboard shortcuts too. Pressing C will copy, and then pressing V will paste. This only copies the base layer though and not things like enemies, combos on layers, etc. For that you'll want either the special paste options or paste all (Alt+E -> L or Alt+E -> P -> (whatever letter is underlined for the thing you want), though keep in mind this changes the layer map and screen of what you're pasting. Alternatively, if you want to paste the contents of the layers, you can find the layer screen of the screen to copy for each layer and copy/paste them manually. It's not a great system.

Asuna Yuuki Nagato
01-31-2024, 03:32 PM
There's keyboard shortcuts too. Pressing C will copy, and then pressing V will paste. This only copies the base layer though and not things like enemies, combos on layers, etc. For that you'll want either the special paste options or paste all (Alt+E -> L or Alt+E -> P -> (whatever letter is underlined for the thing you want), though keep in mind this changes the layer map and screen of what you're pasting. Alternatively, if you want to paste the contents of the layers, you can find the layer screen of the screen to copy for each layer and copy/paste them manually. It's not a great system.

Thanks. I'm open to suggestions on improvements.