PDA

View Full Version : We're getting old

Starkist
11-05-2023, 07:01 PM
I remember as a child that Boomers were constantly reminiscing about their childhood. Remember 5 cent gas? Remember Leave it to Beaver? Remember the moon landing?

That's us now.

Remember Hamster Dance? Remember All Your Base? Remember Nyan Cat? Remember Zelda Classic 1.9?

Dropping back here now and then reminds me of those fun times, as if it's an old VFW hall where all my old buddies hang out, but it gets emptier each year. Warlord and Shadowblazer, Eckels and Cronic, moocow, Lilith and Carrot Red, Glenn the Great and Jigglysaint. And Breaker, of course.

Anyway. Carry on.

ctrl-alt-delete
11-09-2023, 08:09 AM
“The world’s still the same. There’s just less in it.” - Captain Jack Sparrow

Asuna Yuuki Nagato
01-19-2024, 05:55 PM
You may be, but I'm not. :googlyeyes:

Beldaran
04-15-2024, 06:33 AM
I remember as a child that Boomers were constantly reminiscing about their childhood. Remember 5 cent gas? Remember Leave it to Beaver? Remember the moon landing?

That's us now.

Remember Hamster Dance? Remember All Your Base? Remember Nyan Cat? Remember Zelda Classic 1.9?

Dropping back here now and then reminds me of those fun times, as if it's an old VFW hall where all my old buddies hang out, but it gets emptier each year. Warlord and Shadowblazer, Eckels and Cronic, moocow, Lilith and Carrot Red, Glenn the Great and Jigglysaint. And Breaker, of course.

Anyway. Carry on.

You may find it amusing to learn that I became a devout Christian. I don't know if you remember my acidic "New Atheist Movement" rants from back in the day, but it was pretty bad.

I miss the old days, in some respects. RIP to those who have passed.