PDA

View Full Version : ZC on linux questions

VEL
09-04-2020, 03:00 PM
I installed ZC on linux yesterday and I have a few questions.

When I installed it, it didn't ask me for my admin password, and it has always asked me for that when I installed programs in the past, I was wondering why that was. (I am still learning about linux and am curious about things like this)

When I run it in 320x240 (windowed or fullscreen) it runs full speed, but when I set the resolution higher it goes around maybe half speed, is there a way to make it run faster? Or is my computer just too old. Also when I run it in 320x240 fullscreen it is small and has a big black border, anyway to make it run without the border at full speed?

Also the download link for this at zeldaclassic.com wasn't working, I downloaded it at purezc.

ZoriaRPG
09-09-2020, 01:32 AM
I have a Linux VM that runs ZC, but there seem to be issues running the bins outside of the VM. What distro and version are you using love?

VEL
09-09-2020, 02:54 PM
Lubuntu 18.10 is what was installed.

Asuna Yuuki Nagato
01-20-2024, 05:52 AM
I installed ZC on linux yesterday and I have a few questions.

When I installed it, it didn't ask me for my admin password, and it has always asked me for that when I installed programs in the past, I was wondering why that was. (I am still learning about linux and am curious about things like this)

When I run it in 320x240 (windowed or fullscreen) it runs full speed, but when I set the resolution higher it goes around maybe half speed, is there a way to make it run faster? Or is my computer just too old. Also when I run it in 320x240 fullscreen it is small and has a big black border, anyway to make it run without the border at full speed?

Also the download link for this at zeldaclassic.com wasn't working, I downloaded it at purezc.

Have you been using sudo to install programs? That may be why.

https://www.sudo.ws