PDA

View Full Version : I shall press the mighty button of...... shenanigans!

bigjoe
08-12-2020, 12:25 PM
Seriously, where has everyone gone! I can think of like a zillion people who should be here but aren't.
Every time we get a post on the first page, its about a member or celebrity who has died.
What happened to not letting life pass you by? Being there when someone needs you and all that.
Maybe that someone IS the forums. Maybe the forums are a living entity, that needs love, care, friendship.
*hangs his head*
Where is everyone?

I call shenanigans. The many hundreds of people viewing the page all the time can't just be Google Adsense Spiders.
Otherwise who would they be advertising to? I think a lot of you are in hiding, afraid of what the internet has become.
Well I challenge you to log in and post one good memory, if you're reading this.

Thanks.

Chris Miller
08-12-2020, 12:41 PM
Most of the action's in The Veldt.

https://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?98201-How-to-view-The-Veldt-and-General-Bitching

VEL
08-13-2020, 04:03 PM
I call shenanigans. The many hundreds of people viewing the page all the time can't just be Google Adsense Spiders.
Otherwise who would they be advertising to? I think a lot of you are in hiding, afraid of what the internet has become.
Well I challenge you to log in and post one good memory, if you're reading this.

Thanks.

I think alot of the people viewing the page are people searching for armageddon cause they think the world is ending. Hmmm a good memory, well I have lots of good memories about ZC. Like when certain things got added like Lock Blocks and other things.

bigjoe
08-16-2020, 08:52 AM
One of my favorite memories was when I used to go on ICQ, and there were tons of people from AG there. Dark Nation once asked me if I had a moment, then sent me a version of ZC where all the tiles were flashing randomly. This was shortly before animated combos got added.

ShadowTiger
08-20-2020, 12:10 PM
Sometimes I think Discord has taken over forums altogether, as well as other forms of chatter. It's faster, more immediate, more satisfying, less work, and mobile chat apps make it a ton easier to respond there than it is to make a large(r) post on an internet forum.

It's been a trend for a while, I think. That, and the other obvious possibilities such as people moving on, losing interest in a community, etc. People who are just discovering ZC and similar communities were probably already too used to the faster chat methodologies so don't get as drawn into forums, or see it as the more difficult choice between the two.

KJAZZ
09-08-2020, 02:45 AM
Yes, hello. I still pop in every now and again, though admittedly it has been quite a while.

Good memories... well, speaking of DN, learning that he also played a bit of Jazz Jackrabbit 2 back in the day and subsequently playing a few rounds with him was a fun time.

Ich
09-25-2020, 08:34 AM
It's funny -- I come back here about every two years out of nostalgia, more than anything else. I guess most everyone here has grown up and gotten jobs. I do miss some of the old, classic quests, back from the dialup days of the internet, but I don't really have time for videogames anymore.

mrz84
09-30-2020, 01:29 PM
I've been away mostly because of personal raisins that I won't get into (I ain't no drama llama), but I recently got my PC working again (been using my phone for almost 3 years now) so I can login more regularly again as well as play some PC stuff in addition to Switch/XBox1/PS4.