PDA

View Full Version : Bot Attack on Wiki?

EnPassant
07-11-2020, 05:45 PM
I'm not sure if anyone has noticed, but spam accounts and pages are being made on the ZeldaClassic.com wiki, to the tune of a couple hundred per hour... for at least several months. Searching "Book" returns spam results from at least early April.

Tim
07-12-2020, 08:48 PM
Yes. We need a new Wiki janitor.

XMuppetSB
07-16-2020, 05:31 PM
There is one major problem with the ZC Wiki. When I log into the AGN Forums, it does not automatically log me into the ZC Wiki, and when I tried logging in through the ZC Wiki, it just took me straight to the AGN Forums and it did not log me into the ZC Wiki, as if our accounts are not being synced to the ZC Wiki for some reason.

And yes, I have noticed the abundance of spam bots there, but there's nothing I can do about it unless someone fixes this issue with our AGN accounts not being synced to the Wiki.

ctrl-alt-delete
07-16-2020, 08:33 PM
Chris Miller can fix it.

ZoriaRPG
08-07-2020, 06:40 AM
There is one major problem with the ZC Wiki. When I log into the AGN Forums, it does not automatically log me into the ZC Wiki, and when I tried logging in through the ZC Wiki, it just took me straight to the AGN Forums and it did not log me into the ZC Wiki, as if our accounts are not being synced to the ZC Wiki for some reason.

And yes, I have noticed the abundance of spam bots there, but there's nothing I can do about it unless someone fixes this issue with our AGN accounts not being synced to the Wiki.

I've had similar issues with the accounts not sync'd. This is why I haven't bothered trying to clean it, or edit/update entries, for a jolly while.