PDA

View Full Version : Where did everybody go???

cbailey78
03-14-2020, 12:10 PM
Hi folks, is it just me or did people abandon AGN? I check into this forum and hardly see any new posts these days. Not just ZC related forums, It's the entire AGN forums. This site used to be so active in the past like in the mid 2000's and 2013 and now these days, people hardly talk here anymore. If this decline continues, might as well take down AGN. There's no point in wasting $$ in web hosting fees if people hardly talk here like they used to and let this site sit inactive. With so many current events happening these days, you would think you would see more activity on this site, but nope. I just hope openzc.org will take off and grow in the future.

VEL
03-14-2020, 03:59 PM
I still come here almost everyday, though I usually just post in "The Veldt". Maybe it will start getting more active since more people are staying home cause of the Corona Virus.

Tim
03-15-2020, 05:24 AM
There might be some traction. Only time will tell.

cbailey78
03-15-2020, 02:37 PM
I sure hope so. I am glad VEL is still around who is a member from the good ol' days.

Chris Miller
03-15-2020, 04:41 PM
cbailey78
Hiya, puddin'. :D

cbailey78
03-15-2020, 05:16 PM
cbailey78
Hiya, puddin'. :D

Hi there! I bet you've been coughing from all that dust that has been collecting on these forums from all these years and that musty smell when a building hasn't been occupied for a long period of time. Anyway, good to see you again!

Chris Miller
03-15-2020, 05:56 PM
Hi there! I bet you've been coughing from all that dust that has been collecting on these forums from all these years and that musty smell when a building hasn't been occupied for a long period of time. Anyway, good to see you again!

Nah, I'm coughing because VEL farted. That's some radioactive gas right there.

mrz84
03-16-2020, 11:39 AM
I've been busy with some things but I'll never abandon AGN.

VEL
03-16-2020, 04:26 PM
Nah, I'm coughing because VEL farted. That's some radioactive gas right there.

I don't think I've farted within the last couple of days, I rarely fart anymore for some reason.

cbailey78
03-16-2020, 07:17 PM
That's good to hear, VEL. You know that musty smell when you walk into a house or building that hasn't been occupied for years? That what AGN forums was started to smell like.

Skulkraken
03-17-2020, 08:13 PM
I actually poke my head into the forum every now and then to see if there's anything going on.

...I just normally don't have much to say. I tend to not talk much in real life, and it carries over online. :shrug:

Thulcedoom
03-18-2020, 08:21 PM
If it makes the OP feel better, I joined a few days ago.

Nicholas Steel
03-19-2020, 04:37 AM
Everybody went to PureZC. True Story.

TheDarkOne
04-02-2020, 12:59 AM
cbailey78 I’m still here, and I certainly don’t plan on leaving anytime soon.

ZoriaRPG
04-02-2020, 09:41 AM
Likewise, I' here until I'm dead. They can bury me here, so that I can't leave.

Nicholas Steel
04-04-2020, 03:15 AM
I don't think I've farted within the last couple of days, I rarely fart anymore for some reason.

Since your farts are allegedly radioactive, your farts have a longer linger time than normal.

VEL
04-05-2020, 04:47 PM
Since your farts are allegedly radioactive, your farts have a longer linger time than normal.
That is just a rumor that somebody made up, my farts are not radioactive. Though they may cause halucinations.

Downloader
04-05-2020, 05:34 PM
Hi. Zim here.
I started cab driving some years back and was on duty 12 hours a night 5 days a week so I started coming online and talking here less.
My sideview platformer game has come along pretty nicely but could definitely use some graphical overhaul.
No one seemed to want to partner with me to get it done so I just put it on hiatus for a year to give myself a break from my 10-year long project with ZC since it isn't a paying job and takes a lot of effort.
It is Megaman X style in that the player can wall-slide and wall kick, and gets jet boots that increase his jump height and lowers descending speed, and can floor-slide like the older Megaman games.
I intentionally stopped working on it and checked here in the forums less often because I just needed a break from this, also because there are some propositioned features of ZC that are still in the works that I am waiting on because as is my main character is always centered in the middle of the screen and the level moves behind him but I've changed that in the past so the screen scrolls more towards the sides and remodding the quest that way would make it possible to have the game be two players optionally, but like I said I am waiting on the devs here to make the 2-player inputs support available in the meantime for that.

My life got a little hectic for awhile and when I found a place to settle down I bought an XBox One S and have just been busy doing other things with my life, but now the year break I planned for myself is over with and I will probably get back to work on my ZC quest more soon and be more active in the forums here again.

Anyone interested in beta testing a sideview platformer game? It is going to be a looooong time before a thoroughly finished game is done if I'm left alone to do this by myself still, but the main functionality and examples of NPC interaction are done.
The current graphics are definitely NOT going to be in the final as they are directly ripped from Bombman stage in a Megaman game and this game is like Megaman but isn't going to be a replica.

vegeta1215
04-27-2020, 08:07 PM
I actually poke my head into the forum every now and then to see if there's anything going on.

Ditto. Glad to see a few familiar faces still around.

drooteas
06-16-2021, 06:42 AM
Hey guys, football is underway in Europe. What do you think about making a bet on a few matches? I think I will definitely test my luck this time. Every time I am risking small sums, and very often they win. Now I am going to invest more, possibly my luck will not leave me. Let me know what betting apps do you find the most reliable (https://online-bookmakers.com/betting-apps/). It is interesting to compare our choices.

Dechipher
06-16-2021, 10:08 AM
I may be popping back in for a bit...