PDA

View Full Version : I am sorry .... so very sorry... about what I am about to tell you all. BIG tight hugs!

Prrkitty
06-10-2019, 10:54 AM
I am sorry to be the one to inform you that Missy/Melissa/cyberkitten committed suicide (she hung herself) Saturday, 6/8/2019. At this point it is not being posted publicly on Facebook. I wish I had more answers for the questions that I (EDIT) "am" sure you all will have. Mooie and I talked and thought someone should notify y'all. Some of you have me as a friend on Facebook... please feel free to message me anytime. Again... I am really really really sorry. God bless, guardian angels, light, love and blessings. BIG tight hugs.

EDIT: I really am sorry that I don't have any more answers to questions that have been asked. I know that physically she has been in a lot of pain ... more so lately. Yes I've been in contact with her thru the years. But I also knew how frazzled/anxious she could get if someone tried to force her to talk... so I kinda let her set the pace of our contact. I really really wish I'd pushed more... contacted more. <sigh> I wish there was more that I could do/could have done.

MasterSwordUltima
06-10-2019, 11:02 AM
Jeez, thank you for letting us know Prrkitty. No need to apologize at ALL. :(

Glitch
06-10-2019, 11:06 AM
This is absolutely horrible :(

TheDarkOne
06-10-2019, 11:11 AM
I didn't actually know her, but this is still saddening to hear. My deepest condolences to her family and friends.

Master Ghaleon
06-10-2019, 12:31 PM
This is real sad and terrible. This news has hit me like a truck. :(

ShadowTiger
06-10-2019, 12:34 PM
Truly a tragedy. :( I always enjoyed speaking with her. She always gave off this aura of confidence and strength, and it was an inspiration to those around her.

For someone with such moral fiber and character to have left us in such a way, I can't even imagine what horrors she must have been facing.

Tim
06-10-2019, 12:54 PM
Rest in peace.

:(

MottZilla
06-10-2019, 01:58 PM
Truly a tragedy. :( I always enjoyed speaking with her. She always gave off this aura of confidence and strength, and it was an inspiration to those around her.

For someone with such moral fiber and character to have left us in such a way, I can't even imagine what horrors she must have been facing.

It's very sad. I haven't been around here for quite some time but I remember her from years ago when I spent more time here.

Prrkitty, I can relate to how you wish you'd done more. It always seems like that after someone is suddenly gone.

Deviance
06-10-2019, 01:58 PM
Been a lost of words all day... CK has helped me during the times when I was a young shit on here trying to figure out my way while going through my own problems. I will greatly appreciate her contributions in my own life which has helped me be a better person today. CyberKitten, You will be missed. <3

Prrkitty
06-10-2019, 08:31 PM
It's very sad. I haven't been around here for quite some time but I remember her from years ago when I spent more time here.

Prrkitty, I can relate to how you wish you'd done more. It always seems like that after someone is suddenly gone.

Mottzy... thank you. I've always heard that hindsight is 20/20. I am here if anyone needs to talk. My heart just really hurts.

mrz84
06-11-2019, 12:43 PM
My condolences. I remember her from my early time with AGN in the 2000s. She will be missed.

moocow
06-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Rest in peace my friend 😞❤

Masamune
06-17-2019, 03:54 PM
Just saw this posted in the fb group. RIP ck.

Also checking in to say hello.

King Aquamentus
06-23-2019, 01:03 PM
I've been watching this thread closely, but never felt I had anything worth adding to it. I do want to express my condolences though. Prrkitty, you're never alone, here.

Gerudo
06-28-2019, 09:28 AM
I got a notification this morning on FB messenger despite it being sent 3 weeks ago. Kinda made me mad that the app didn't notify me then.

This totally sucks. This whole place may seem like a past life for me but damnit I remember our old get together in 2002 (iirc) in Indiana. I was just a shy naive 19 year old then, but it was fun. I was incapable of building a tent, and she went out of her way to help me out. It was a really nice thing to have done for a kid she didn't know.

RIP cyberkitten. I may not have known you personally, but we did talk from time to time, and your single act of kindness really resonated with me on that day. I hope that someday we can meet again.

❤️

Beldaran
07-01-2019, 09:07 AM
I am deeply sorry to hear this. May she rest in peace.

ZoriaRPG
07-02-2019, 01:18 PM
Sad news indeed. Why do people do this?!

I legitimately do not comprehend suicide. Did she give any reason?

I was mates with Justin Carmical. When he stopped posting videos, I figured that life just got in the way; and then I found out that he shot himself.

Dead is dead. Please, please people, live 100 years.

Shadowblazer
07-02-2019, 03:49 PM
I was just thinking about her not too long ago, wondering how she was doing these days. This was not what I expected and I still can't believe it. Really wish I'd done a better job of staying in touch. I remember a lot of late nights on IRC back in the day, she was always there when I needed somebody to talk to... I wish I could have done the same for her.

Phazite
07-03-2019, 09:57 PM
Sad news indeed. Why do people do this?!

I legitimately do not comprehend suicide.

Not trying to be rude, but it seems to me that you haven't thought very carefully or deeply about this question. It is a coward's way out, but once someone gets to that point, what does it matter? =/

Also of note is that, according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, suicide was the 10th most common mode of death in the US in 2017. Depression (which I'll bet results in most of these suicides) really is essentially another type of disease. It is even partly biological.
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/leading-causes-of-death.htm

Anyway, I never knew her, but it really sucks seeing the damage caused to everyone who cared about her.

bigjoe
07-06-2019, 10:03 PM
cyberkitten was someone you couldn't help but look up to. Im pretty sure I irked her sometimes, and we may have had some cross words,but I will always remember her fondly. It makes me sad to imagine the spiral of pain that led to this,and I can only hope that she finds peace in moving on.

Nightmare
07-08-2019, 01:42 AM
Prrkitty, is Zaphod OK? I know CK and he were together for a while.

Anyway, been there with depression. Somehow, I'm still here. :: shrug ::

Anyway, getting along or not, hope she found peace.

-James