PDA

View Full Version : Well THAT happened

mrz84
05-17-2018, 08:09 PM
So a storm is going through my town, no big deal. Just a mid-spring thunderstorm with some wind. Then, Dragon Omega (AGNer who is my IRL bro and roommate), hears a loud noise and tells me the tree in front of our house fell. I didn't believe him until I saw it for myself.

So ya, the local city cleanup crew is currently working on clearing it, but other than someone's vehicle on the other side of the road (that nobody knows who it belongs to) no damage was done.

TLDR: Bad storm knocked down my tree because raisins.

Chris Miller
05-17-2018, 08:36 PM
Those bastard raisins.

Glad you're okay. o_o

VEL
05-19-2018, 04:05 PM
Years ago we had two of our cars parked in front of the house under a tree, a storm came and a giant branch broke off. Luckily it landed in between the cars, and they just ended up with some scratches. Also years ago a tree landed on my grandpa's garage with his jeep inside and destroyed the garage and really messed up the jeep.

SUCCESSOR
05-20-2018, 12:05 AM
You didn't take your chainsaw out there, chop it up, throw it in a truck, and slap a "firewood for sale" on it?

mrz84
05-20-2018, 01:23 PM
You didn't take your chainsaw out there, chop it up, throw it in a truck, and slap a "firewood for sale" on it?

City cleanup crew beat me to it...also I don't own a chainsaw...or an axe...In fact, aside from various kitchen knives in our home, the only bladed weapon we have is Dragon Omega's katana (and its edge is dulled and he's too lazy to sharpen it). Would have been a good idea. My mom wouldn't need to get as much firewood for winter this year on her own.