PDA

View Full Version : Broken Screen Entry

breck768
04-14-2018, 10:30 AM
I am currently attempting to make my own first quest, and i tried to make a shop in a cave. It mostly worked, but when i actually entered it when testing, i came in from the top left and walked down through the all, as if i was in a 2D dungeon room with the ladder you climb down to get the loot in that room. When a shop is present in the room, the top half of the room has collision. This renders the shop unusable. Im using the latest build of ZC on windows 10. Help?

ZoriaRPG
04-16-2018, 02:56 AM
I am currently attempting to make my own first quest, and i tried to make a shop in a cave. It mostly worked, but when i actually entered it when testing, i came in from the top left and walked down through the all, as if i was in a 2D dungeon room with the ladder you climb down to get the loot in that room. When a shop is present in the room, the top half of the room has collision. This renders the shop unusable. Im using the latest build of ZC on windows 10. Help?

Place the Warp Return A (blue square) in the doorway.

breck768
04-16-2018, 07:37 AM
I tried doing that, and I also tried using both warp A and the game arrival square at the same time. Neither worked.

Tim
04-16-2018, 07:49 PM
Your first dmap is set as dungeon. Set it to overworld.

breck768
04-16-2018, 08:26 PM
I went to DMaps under quest, selected overworld, but it says the type is overworld. Anything I could be doing wrong? This problem occurs on every reinstall and version I've tried.

breck768
04-24-2018, 06:07 PM
Thanks to Alex Roy from YouTube, i was able to fix this issue. If anyone else has this issue, go to DMaps, select your Overworld DMap, go to the Flags tab, and check "Use Caves instead of Item Cellars". Self explanatory right? I kept checking the quest rules lol. Maybe this should be checked by default in newer versions?