PDA

View Full Version : James Quest 2, Where is the missile pack (magic book)

zcfan27330
04-06-2018, 07:34 PM
Where is the missile pack (magic book)

Gleeok
04-07-2018, 02:43 AM
Nightmare can tell you for sure as soon as he sees this.

It's been a long time since I played JQ2 so my memory is hazy, but I think it's before Zenithia... or inside of it. hmm.... (I get the feeling like those items are reletively close but just can't quite remember.)

zcfan27330
04-07-2018, 01:50 PM

It's been a long time since I played JQ2 so my memory is hazy, but I think it's before Zenithia... or inside of it. hmm.... (I get the feeling like those items are reletively close but just can't quite remember.)

yeah I've beaten it twice, just can't remember small things, the last time I couldn't remember the thing after level 9, and this time I can't remember where the book is.

zcfan27330
04-09-2018, 11:15 PM

Trying to go to and old quest file that has that quest almost beat, I notice this mapped area (it's in the cave area before you go to level 8)

http://hornet.sandhills.edu/mcswainte/zelda026.png

I think that the item I need is in that right most area, but can't remember how to get to that part as the right most rooms aren't part of the area I'm doing in the current playthrough.

Sorry about the double post but it might jar some memory

Gleeok
04-10-2018, 02:14 AM
(I went ahead and let Nightmare know about this thread for you.)

Still can't remember, but if I had to guess I'd say there is a whistle->stairs in there somewhere.

Nightmare
04-10-2018, 02:37 AM
OK, now if my antagonistically bad day couldn't get any worse......... (this quest is an outright Kaizo, and in there with the most difficult quests such as Armageddon and Loh, the buggy and incomplete on many accounts, and it's not up to my standards, which is why I discon'ed it and I usually don't recognize it exists anymore). I am hardly in a mind set to play a 100+ game Kaizo Quest considering all the other shit I got going on right now.......

Give me a couple of days, I'll dig it out of my archive and add it to the 2.53 test list (this one SHOULD be interesting, lol)

-James

Gleeok
04-10-2018, 03:43 AM
Nightmare, I still wish you'd at least play LoH:IE or AQ one of these days. You'd see that those are much, much harder than JQ2 by a huge margin. Back in the old days JQ2 and maybe TSA's 3rd quest were probably the hardest, but those days are gone.

zcfan27330
04-10-2018, 01:52 PM
OK, now if my antagonistically bad day couldn't get any worse......... (this quest is an outright Kaizo, and in there with the most difficult quests such as Armageddon and Loh, the buggy and incomplete on many accounts, and it's not up to my standards, which is why I discon'ed it and I usually don't recognize it exists anymore). I am hardly in a mind set to play a 100+ game Kaizo Quest considering all the other shit I got going on right now.......

Give me a couple of days, I'll dig it out of my archive and add it to the 2.53 test list (this one SHOULD be interesting, lol)

-James

funny because I find JQ2 easier than JQ1. At least with JQ2, you start with full life. The really only complaint I had is the "black" ring wouldn't show you where you were in a dungeon unless you had a map. Maybe I'll take notes on this so I will never have this problem again

James24
04-10-2018, 10:38 PM
I remember that James Quest and James Quest 2 were pretty difficult when I first stared playing but now they are a cake-walk. I also quit after a while because Nightmare loves to have arbitrary secrets that prevent players progressing - this thread is a testament to that. If anyone plays LoH or LoH:IE, I can personally guarantee you that you will never get stuck trying to find where the next level is or where any necessary items are. There's a video walkthrough and if you still can't find it then the quest is unpassworded.

Nightmare
04-11-2018, 05:48 AM
funny because I find JQ2 easier than JQ1. At least with JQ2, you start with full life. The really only complaint I had is the "black" ring wouldn't show you where you were in a dungeon unless you had a map. Maybe I'll take notes on this so I will never have this problem again

Hrmmmm....... Zeo said the same thing about the full life thing as well......

Guess it's just a "me" thing. Right now feeling like shit, i'll check it out later today.

-James

Nightmare
04-11-2018, 05:50 AM
I remember that James Quest and James Quest 2 were pretty difficult when I first stared playing but now they are a cake-walk. I also quit after a while because Nightmare loves to have arbitrary secrets that prevent players progressing - this thread is a testament to that. If anyone plays LoH or LoH:IE, I can personally guarantee you that you will never get stuck trying to find where the next level is or where any necessary items are. There's a video walkthrough and if you still can't find it then the quest is unpassworded.

You realize that can take a huge bite out of completion difficulty to a determined player, Unpassworded, OMG.

Sorry for the double, on my phone.

-James

Nightmare
04-11-2018, 10:10 AM
zcfan27330

The Missile Pack is in Level 9. You haven't missed it.

Beware: It is pretty well hidden, Whistle While You Work!

-James

zcfan27330
04-11-2018, 09:13 PM
zcfan27330

The Missile Pack is in Level 9. You haven't missed it.

-James

I could of sworn I checked that room

James24
04-11-2018, 10:50 PM
Viewing the quest to understand where things are is ok, but any player desperate enough to change my quest is not my target audience anyway. A true challenge quest player would never ever change my quest.

Gleeok
04-11-2018, 11:58 PM
zcfan27330

-James

... if I had to guess I'd say there is a whistle->stairs in there somewhere.

Nailed it. ;)

zcfan27330
04-12-2018, 12:34 AM
Just in case I forget again, I'll post exactly in spoiler tags

-=SPOILER=-

Nightmare
04-12-2018, 12:29 PM
Viewing the quest to understand where things are is ok, but any player desperate enough to change my quest is not my target audience anyway. A true challenge quest player would never ever change my quest.

The most likely things is they'd put in save points to break it down into smaller sections (think TAS and speed runners)

-James