PDA

View Full Version : Toys 'R Us Closing All Stores

mrz84
03-17-2018, 02:37 PM
So this was confirmed by Toys 'R Us last week and only came to my attention today via youtube. To get to the point, all US and UK stores will be closing at a TBA point in time this year with a liquidation sale before hand.

I wanna say that while I've never been to TrU, I feel like something that has been part of pop culture and a long running store chain closing down is saddening to me.

Anyway, I just thought I'd bring that to everyone's attention and see how everyone feels about this.

VEL
03-17-2018, 03:35 PM
I usually go to three different Toys R Us stores a week. So this sucks, though I don't buy things there that often. I usually bought Lego, and "My Little Pony" stuff.

Anarchy_Balsac
03-17-2018, 04:31 PM
So this was confirmed by Toys 'R Us last week and only came to my attention today via youtube. To get to the point, all US and UK stores will be closing at a TBA point in time this year with a liquidation sale before hand.

I wanna say that while I've never been to TrU, I feel like something that has been part of pop culture and a long running store chain closing down is saddening to me.

Anyway, I just thought I'd bring that to everyone's attention and see how everyone feels about this.

I remember when their walls were lined with slips(effectively vouchers) for NES games.

PinkFairy
03-17-2018, 08:01 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! TRU was my go-to place for toys! OK, so many would say I'm too old for toys, but on the other hand, are you ever really too old? I'm really going to miss the place :crying::crying:

mrz84
03-23-2018, 03:44 PM
So 2 updates!

First, the clearance sale starts TODAY. So now might be your chance to get some neat stuff on sale (I snagged 3 Animal Crossing amiibo and Dragon Quest Builders for Switch; though the game wasn't on sale I just wanted it and my local wal-mart hasn't carried it since it launched last month so they don't get my money those lazy jerkfaces!)

Second, the founder of Toys R' Us died yesterday, a week after the announcment of the closure. So the closing really is final as the stores themselves and the founder are both leaving us. :(

Tamamo
03-24-2018, 09:41 AM
This should so be in GB Man... I could rant about this for hours on end.
I mean where else can I get my toys at
I mean a girl's got to have some solo time and lesbians definitely need them. VEL would definitely agree with me here.

VEL
03-24-2018, 03:24 PM
This should so be in GB Man... I could rant about this for hours on end.
I mean where else can I get my toys at
I mean a girl's got to have some solo time and lesbians definitely need them. VEL would definitely agree with me here.

I got alot of My Little Pony toys at Toys R Us. I need to lay on my bed naked with ponies covering up my naughty bits so I can take a pic and post it here.

Chris Miller
03-24-2018, 07:43 PM
I got alot of My Little Pony toys at Toys R Us. I need to lay on my bed naked with ponies covering up my naughty bits so I can take a pic and post it here.

http://orig04.deviantart.net/0677/f/2010/210/1/9/alot_by_chrispygraphics.jpg

jerome
03-26-2018, 05:05 PM
I had forgotten about the game slips. Good times.

My two little girls loved going there to play with all of the toys, while simultaneously driving me nuts.

Gleeok
03-27-2018, 06:01 AM
I remember when they were selling Atari and NES games for 49.99; and I also remember the tags. ...I also used to get some games at Circuit City! lol

I had forgotten about the game slips. Good times.

My two little girls loved going there to play with all of the toys, while simultaneously driving me nuts.

Hey, it's Jerome. Been a while since I've seen you around. Can't believe you've got two girls now. Congrats!
...Man, time sure flies.

jerome
03-29-2018, 11:42 PM
It has. I had gone and joined the Navy back in 09, spent a lot of time underwater, now working on an EE degree while I'm on shore duty.

I used to shop at Circuit City a lot. Well, until they went belly up. I also remember saving lots of change to get Super Mario 3 right when it came out.