PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10 incomatibilities.

Giorgos
02-13-2018, 10:15 AM
Hi! :cool:

I just downloaded the last stable Zelda version (2.50.2).
I'm at Win 10 Pro x64 (v. 10.0.16299.214).

Romview autocrashes and Zelda can't run properly at full-screen mode.
It flickers so you can't use it.
At windowed mode runs properly, although it displays a small windows that can't be maximized or get bigger.
Altering resolution, doesn't seems to have any effect.

The rest of EXEs seems to run properly.
Bye!

ZoriaRPG
02-13-2018, 04:38 PM
Hi! :cool:

I just downloaded the last stable Zelda version (2.50.2).
I'm at Win 10 Pro x64 (v. 10.0.16299.214).

Romview autocrashes and Zelda can't run properly at full-screen mode.
It flickers so you can't use it.
At windowed mode runs properly, although it displays a small windows that can't be maximized or get bigger.
Altering resolution, doesn't seems to have any effect.

The rest of EXEs seems to run properly.
Bye!

Fullscreen not working is a known issue that likely won't be resolved until 2.55.

ROMView is fixed in 2.53.0 betas; and you may want to run ZLaunch to set the resolution factors.

Additional res x/y options are planned for 2.55.

What is the resolution of your display?

Giorgos
02-13-2018, 08:51 PM
Fullscreen not working is a known issue that likely won't be resolved until 2.55.

ROMView is fixed in 2.53.0 betas; and you may want to run ZLaunch to set the resolution factors.

Additional res x/y options are planned for 2.55.
Oh I see!
I didn't notice.

What is the resolution of your display?
1360X768.

PS. At Linux it runs perfectly (so I'm going to give it a try there).

Coyotek4
03-17-2018, 09:44 PM
I just got a new computer with Windows 10. It still feels choppier than on my old computer (which was admittedly about a decade old and died on me about a week ago).

Not sure if there's anything I can do about it.

ZoriaRPG
03-20-2018, 05:50 AM
I just got a new computer with Windows 10. It still feels choppier than on my old computer (which was admittedly about a decade old and died on me about a week ago).

Not sure if there's anything I can do about it.

Try setting the frame_rest_suggest variable in ag.cfg (zc.cfg in 2.53.0) to a value of 0.

Coyotek4
03-20-2018, 05:32 PM
Try setting the frame_rest_suggest variable in ag.cfg (zc.cfg in 2.53.0) to a value of 0.

I tried that ... not really sure if it did anything or not.

BTW: was it OK to open that file as 'Notepad'?

Gleeok
03-20-2018, 08:24 PM
Can you try a newer version of 2.50 to see if there is any difference?

http://timelord.insomnia247.nl/zc/zc_dev/2.53_Win_Beta_13.zip

ZoriaRPG
03-22-2018, 07:40 AM
I tried that ... not really sure if it did anything or not.

BTW: was it OK to open that file as 'Notepad'?

Indeed. Please try 2.53.0 Beta 13.

Coyotek4
03-25-2018, 09:51 AM
Another weird issue I just learned:

Currently, I have my 'Zelda Classic' folder on the desktop. It works as well as I'm getting used to (a bit choppy, but otherwise playable).

On my old computer, I had this folder inside another folder. When I put the 'Zelda Classic' folder into that other folder, the z-launch doesn't work.

Not sure if that's related to Windows 10 or not, but it's weird.

ZoriaRPG
03-25-2018, 10:18 AM
Another weird issue I just learned:

Currently, I have my 'Zelda Classic' folder on the desktop. It works as well as I'm getting used to (a bit choppy, but otherwise playable).

On my old computer, I had this folder inside another folder. When I put the 'Zelda Classic' folder into that other folder, the z-launch doesn't work.

Not sure if that's related to Windows 10 or not, but it's weird.

ZLaunch.exe needs to be in the same folder as zelda.exe, zquest.exe, romview.exe, ag.cfg, zc.cfg, zq.cfg, and so forth.

If you are trying to run ZLaunch and those files aren't in the correct place, well, of course, it won't work.

I have no clue why it wouldn't work, otherwise, if all of the files are in the correct places. What precisely isn't working?

It might be worthwhile for you to try DXGL if no config settings work for you.

P.S. You can have multiple 'installations' of ZC on the same system, including many ZC versions, as long as each is in its own path with all of its associated files.

P.P.S. ZLaunch for 2.53+ won't work with 2.50.2, and ZLaunch for 2.50.2 won't work for 2.53+. The ZCL builds are mutually-exclusive. ZCL 2.5.7/2.5.8 is the latest for ZC 2.50.x, and ZCL 2.6.x is for 2.53+. The latest build of ZCL is 2.6.9 (http://timelord.insomnia247.nl/zc/zc_dev/zcl/2.6.9/zlaunch.exe), for ZC 2.53/2.54.