PDA

View Full Version : Register name blank screen, can't load custom quests. including defaults.

BlueVortex
12-30-2017, 09:41 PM
I finally figured out how to get ZC to run on my mac after 2 hours of reading, for anyone having this issue, you have to right click classic or editor, show contents/maco os/exec file. I started to make a custom quest, it will not load even though the destination folder is correct and the custom file is in correct folder, I can navigate to it, but it fails to load (unable to load file)It will not load built in quests either. Also when I try to play the built in quest (quest 1) when I get to register name screen, it is completely blank, i can hear my actions (bing sound) but it's blank. I am using latest mac version, 2.50 i believe, and I am running OS X High Sierra. Help please?

ZoriaRPG
01-04-2018, 11:48 AM
I finally figured out how to get ZC to run on my mac after 2 hours of reading, for anyone having this issue, you have to right click classic or editor, show contents/maco os/exec file. I started to make a custom quest, it will not load even though the destination folder is correct and the custom file is in correct folder, I can navigate to it, but it fails to load (unable to load file)It will not load built in quests either. Also when I try to play the built in quest (quest 1) when I get to register name screen, it is completely blank, i can hear my actions (bing sound) but it's blank. I am using latest mac version, 2.50 i believe, and I am running OS X High Sierra. Help please?

Try these steps for OSX Sierra, provided by Wolfman2000

Download the current version of Zelda Classic.
Extract the archive file in your Downloads folder.
Manually create the Zelda Classic folder in /Applications again. (If you do not have access to the global Applications folder, your local applications folder should still work for this purpose.)
Drag the Zelda Classic and ZQuest apps Individually, Into your newly created folder. DO NOT move the folder containing the apps over!

This is not a ZC Bug. This is Apple Gatekeeper nonsense. A future ZC release may include an 'installer utility' to bypass this issue