PDA

View Full Version : [2.50.2] Melee weapons do not trigger secret triggers on layers above 0

Orithan
11-24-2017, 11:14 PM
As it turns out, melee weapons do not trigger secret triggers on layers above 0 while other weapons can trigger secret triggers on layers above 0.
This affects Sword, Wand and Hammer.

Is this a bug?

Running Version 2.50.2

ZoriaRPG
12-04-2017, 12:43 PM
It isn't a bug, but rather, something that was never added as a feature.

12-12-2017, 04:11 PM
Weird.

Tamamo
12-15-2017, 10:37 AM
If it doesn't give you the alert that it doesn't work on layers above 0 then it is in fact a bug after all ZoriaRPG.

edit: I would actually consider this one more of an oversight if anything. I'll give you an example Fairy flags only work on layer 0 if you try to place them other layers you get a warning. If this isn't happening with any flags that only work on layer 0 then that should be addressed.

ZoriaRPG
12-16-2017, 09:48 AM
If it doesn't give you the alert that it doesn't work on layers above 0 then it is in fact a bug after all ZoriaRPG.

edit: I would actually consider this one more of an oversight if anything. I'll give you an example Fairy flags only work on layer 0 if you try to place them other layers you get a warning. If this isn't happening with any flags that only work on layer 0 then that should be addressed.

Weapon triggers working on higher layers was a feature added around 2.10.x, as I recall, via a rule. Melee weapons are indeed an oversight, but not a bug. The behaviour needs either or both, documentation or revision, and I prefer the latter, whenever I address map flag features.

It is still a feature that was never fully-implemented, like so many others.