PDA

View Full Version : Stepping down

DarkDragon
10-21-2017, 04:09 AM
Due to the heavy time demands from my professional life, and my no longer having sufficient free time to devote to the ZC project and community, I have decided to resign from the staff and ZC development.

Amusingly, I cannot actually remove myself from being listed as an Administrator, due to hacking protections put in many years ago... however you should consider me permanently inactive, and someone with FTP access to the site should feel free to remove my permissions from config.php whenever they next get the chance.

I will relinquish repository commit access once I finish helping ZoriaRPG resolve one last issue (https://github.com/ArmageddonGames/ZeldaClassic/issues/144).

I believe all other infrastructure (the wiki, the main site QDB, the old SVN repository) has been transferred to fresh hands over the past year.

I've been around this site for many years (over 15, now). The community has changed a lot in that time, of course, and the change in the way we use the Internet and social media has shifted even more dramatically. But one thing that has not changed is the remarkable passion of the quest authors and fans of Zelda Classic. I wish y'all the best of luck in the future!

-DD

ZoriaRPG
10-21-2017, 08:44 AM
Due to the heavy time demands from my professional life, and my no longer having sufficient free time to devote to the ZC project and community, I have decided to resign from the staff and ZC development.

Amusingly, I cannot actually remove myself from being listed as an Administrator, due to hacking protections put in many years ago... however you should consider me permanently inactive, and someone with FTP access to the site should feel free to remove my permissions from config.php whenever they next get the chance.

I will relinquish repository commit access once I finish helping ZoriaRPG resolve one last issue (https://github.com/ArmageddonGames/ZeldaClassic/issues/144).

I believe all other infrastructure (the wiki, the main site QDB, the old SVN repository) has been transferred to fresh hands over the past year.

I've been around this site for many years (over 15, now). The community has changed a lot in that time, of course, and the change in the way we use the Internet and social media has shifted even more dramatically. But one thing that has not changed is the remarkable passion of the quest authors and fans of Zelda Classic. I wish y'all the best of luck in the future!

-DD

Sorry to see you go. I guess all of that stuff you had planned is probably going to be a dead-end path, unless someone else wants to jump onto it; as you had a specific vision in mind, that only you truly understood.

To whom did you transfer shardstorm? I thought that only you had access to that; and AFAIK the old SVNs are not fully mirrored anywhere.

10-21-2017, 01:56 PM
Thank you for all you have done! ZC is truly amazing. :D

Chris Miller
10-21-2017, 06:59 PM
A busy professional life is a terrible problem to have. :D I hope everything works out for you, dude. Don't be a stranger.

The Satellite
10-22-2017, 09:41 PM
Thank you for all your hard work over the years. The ZC community will not soon forget your efforts. :)

KJAZZ
10-23-2017, 12:51 AM
Thanks for all the hard work and continuing the legacy of ZC. Never finished making a quest but happy to see it's been in good hands and will continue to be.

Starkist
10-25-2017, 07:44 PM
Good luck with real life.

Lüt
11-07-2017, 01:26 AM
Sorry to hear, but very true, some things are priority. Thanks for all the time you've put into this. I appreciate you digging through all the user reports posted here and at PZC. There's no doubt 2.53 will be a significant step up from prior versions thanks to your efforts. Best wishes.

mrz84
11-07-2017, 07:20 AM
DD, you're gonna be missed at the helm. However I'm gonna trust your judgement and hope ya have a good time working out your stuff. just remember you'll always be welcome here. :kitty:

stine.mag
11-09-2017, 03:18 AM
Thank you for putting a lot of effort for the past 15 years. I will you all the best in your career.

Brasel
11-15-2017, 02:22 PM
Thanks for all your hard work over the years Dark Dragon. We all appreciate it.

Masamune
03-30-2018, 06:09 PM
:)

hope you're well, DD.

and the rest of you as well!