PDA

View Full Version : To eveyone with a Yahoo account

mrz84
10-04-2017, 02:50 PM
All 3 Billion Yahoo accounts were hacked earlier today. Ya, that happened. Its the biggest hack in history, and the second time this year somebody hacked Yahoo (the ealier one was only 1 billion, about 1/3 of the accounts)

By the way, that 3 billion is more than Facebook, Twitter, and few other social media services have.

Yahoo has said that sensitive info such as passwords, credit card info and such were NOT affected, but I felt that anyone here curious should know about it (in case you haven't heard already)

In other news, spoon. :kitty:

Saffith
10-04-2017, 03:24 PM
No, it's not a new hack. This happened in 2013, though they didn't disclose it publicly until about a year ago. It's just the number of accounts affected that's changed; they had previously estimated it at 500 million.

Tim
10-10-2017, 11:10 AM
Big facepalm.

PinkFairy
10-12-2017, 03:06 PM
I suppose that it''s a good thing I no longer have a Yahoo account. I lost patience with them and all their "improvements" about two years ago and cancelled my account. Looks like that was a good idea, too, in light of this.

stine.mag
10-22-2017, 08:10 PM
Geez, all my social media accounts are associated with Yahoo. I think I should start using my Gmail account from now on, this is really disappointing.