PDA

View Full Version : Two "relatively minor" Backwards Comaptibility Bugs

Nightmare
09-07-2017, 01:38 AM
1. Dodongos need to play "Boss is Hit" SFX when they die if the header is 2.10 and below (essentially with no enemy editor)

2. This behavior does need to be double-checked, but as far as I know Mirrorobes only took 3 hits to kill in 1.92 Betas, then got boosted in 2.10. If the header is 1.92 (something), then they should take 3 hits to kill.

Cheers!

-James

Tamamo
09-07-2017, 06:56 AM
Please tell me your joking about both of these. :lol:

ZoriaRPG
09-07-2017, 10:05 AM
Both of these are simple enough to fix. I need to see if I can set up some real HW to test 2.10, and 1.92 stuff. Doing it via emulation is simply not fun, and I have some old entium (1) hardware floating around (and old laptops) that could run Win98/ME. I'm not sure if I have any installer discs for them, which was another issue with setting them up in a VM. I only have the old base install images, but not the discs with drivers.

Nightmare
09-07-2017, 02:04 PM
Both of these are simple enough to fix. I need to see if I can set up some real HW to test 2.10, and 1.92 stuff. Doing it via emulation is simply not fun, and I have some old entium (1) hardware floating around (and old laptops) that could run Win98/ME. I'm not sure if I have any installer discs for them, which was another issue with setting them up in a VM. I only have the old base install images, but not the discs with drivers.

I'll test 1.92 with more certainty after I finish the New Quest recordings for Mirrorrobes, as it has a Windows version that still works. The Dodongos are definitely there, but if you need specific timestamps, I'll fetch them later (but they're all over my LP's)

-James

Nightmare
09-08-2017, 12:53 AM
Dodongo sound bug:

https://youtu.be/YcLXAvPIcjc

Start at 25:20 (will have a little lead-in). This is one of many examples.

EDIT: Cancel the Mirrorrobe request. Apparently the buff was before B 182/3, which is the most widely recognized version. They are not bugged as I thought. I will have to find a way to formally apologize for Level 11 in New Quest 2003 now, as when I was transistioning I forgot to check them. Sorry to bug you on this. Enemy editor in 2013 will have to do for those. Further update, I can't get B 163 to load to further check the problem, it seems Windows full compatibility seems to stop at 182/3. :: hisses ::

-James

ZoriaRPG
09-25-2018, 08:37 AM
I forgot about this one. I'll get the dodongo patch in tomorrow.