PDA

View Full Version : S&S The Third

Tamamo
08-10-2017, 11:21 PM
mrz84 TheDarkOne
Welcome back to the third RPG installment of sword and sorcery! Let's actually try to finish this one this time!
Interesting in playing! Wonderful! All you need to do is fill out the following information.

IMPORTANT
Open up notepad make a file called sword and sorcery notes and save it somewhere you'll remember.
You may wish to jot some of this down for later reference.

Gender Male or Female
Species Your race, humanoid only.
Class Your class. Fantasy types only.
Alignment Lawful-Neutral-Chaoticl | Good-Neutral-Evil "note paladins are always good, but not always lawful... some are chaotic which prefer to be called liberators"
Equipment Your equipment. No Guns
Knowledge pick any two or three below that would fit your character
Background A short summary of your characters background. *optional

Knowledge Skill
Everybody knows something, some more then others. But no one knows everything! These are Knowledge based skills and can give you a serious edge if you choose correctly.
Also you guys do not know about each others knowledge at start, that will change over time.

Bonus Knowledge
Some Classes "which i have generalized below have the following skills as a bonus!
Mages get Arcana for free
Clerics, Paladins, etc get Religion for free.
Druids, Rangers, etc get Nature for free
Rogues, Bards, get Local for free.

Arcana (ancient mysteries, magic traditions, arcane symbols, cryptic phrases, constructs, dragons, magical beasts)
Architecture and Engineering (buildings, aqueducts, bridges, fortifications)
Dungeoneering (aberrations, caverns, oozes, spelunking)
Geography (lands, terrain, climate, people)
History (royalty, wars, colonies, migrations, founding of cities)
Local (legends, personalities, inhabitants, laws, customs, traditions, humanoids)
Nature (animals, fey, giants, monstrous humanoids, plants, seasons and cycles, weather, vermin)
Nobility and Royalty (lineages, heraldry, family trees, mottoes, personalities)
Religion (gods and goddesses, mythic history, ecclesiastic tradition, holy symbols, undead)
The Planes (the Inner Planes, the Outer Planes, the Astral Plane, the Ethereal Plane, outsiders, elementals, magic related to the planes)

Updates
Updates are Yellow

Combat
Combat is Red

re:Action
re:Action blocks are special, if something happens that you get to react to, such as a preemptive strike.

intervention
Intervention is something you guys can do... What's an intervention?
An intervention is when you hi light me to intervene on someone elses action with your own because you wish to stop them from acting.
You can intervene if you choose just besure to highlight me with Tamamo

There is also STOP! block which should only be used if something happens that breaks several rules. "Doing multiple actions such as, Trip Locked Character, Steal Item, Insert Item in Character, Flee"

Rules | Information
Rules are green as well as information pertaining to gameplay. Here are a few to start off. with including knowledge above.

Magic
Magic Power comes from a few different sources, but is otherwise free form. If you are playing a mage please select one of the ones below with the exception of Innate or Profane.

Arcane: Arcane magic is said to come from draconic or supernatural blood or dedicated study. Sorcerers, Wizards, Warlocks, Mages, etc... MOSTLY use this power.
Divine: Magic that is drawn from religious belief is divine magic. Only Divine Magic can heal and raise the dead.
Nature: Magic that is drawn from Mother Earth for lack of better words.
Profane: Fiends have and can provide access for a steep price to Profane Magic which gives the caster two pools of magic to draw from.
Planar: Their are many planes, and some have elemental and alignment attributes to them. Planar Magic taps into these planes.
Innate: Dragons, Gods, and Abberations have innate powers others do not. As do some people you have made deals.

Artifacts
Minor Artifacts are allowed in the beginning one per character with limited ability at my discretion within reason.
Major Artifacts are nearly indestructible and OP as hell. They are rewarded to individual players for Good RPing.

Cause and Effect
When we switch consequences I will list cause and effects and the attitude of locked npcs will change.

Contacting Friends!
On your journey you will come across npcs friend and foes. You can contact anyone who is on the contact list in the post below at anytime. If you have magic user they can send this message instantly.
Otherwise it will take up to four weeks real time for them to respond based off location. If they are in the same location The time is next update.

Vetos
I'm not CJC, if you obey the rules i will not veto your post. I am very adaptable when it comes to Role Playing, and most of the time I laugh my butt off when you guys play with me.

Update: 8-11-17
It's a dark a storm knight... In search of shelter you run|ride through the storm and come to a inn and tavern... Thank heavens. Hopefully you can get some hot soup and a good glass ale. A room would be nice as well. You enter the tavern it's all but empty. The barkeep is washing a glass two concerned elves are whispering in the corner. A Gnoll is sharpening his ax. He smiles and nods at you. He is certainly quite the friendly Gnoll. Two dwarfs are harassing one of the waitresses. You spotted a woman in the exact same uniform walking pass you in the rain unarmed with just a basket of apples. Hopefully she'll be okay. You spot someone with his face wrapped tightly in a scarf. Theirs a poster of a halfing on the wall. "Janos, Dead or Alive 1000 gold" The Barkeep booms out "CLOSING IN 30 MINUTES LAST CALL FOR DRINKS." The Gnoll looks at you? Care for tale adventurer I'll buy you a drink? His hand offers your the chair ahead.

What will you do? Lots of people to choose to talk to here and those will knowledge local get a bonus choice!

Knowledge Local
-=SPOILER=-

Tamamo
08-10-2017, 11:22 PM
Characters
Party All PCs are Locked
Artanis: Human, Ranger TheDarkOne
Jade: Dragonborn, Bard King Aquamentus
Celaena: TBA Tamamo
Crimson: Darkelf, Mage mrz84

Friends
Yrrough Soilfeet: LOCKED
Barkeep: LOCKED
Alice: LOCKED
Lucy: LOCKED

Foes
Janos: LOCKED
Nephenee: LOCKED
Dwaves: DECEASED

Celaena Affection Scoring
Artanis: 0
Jade +1
Yrrough Soilfeet: 0

Tamamo
08-10-2017, 11:22 PM
Story Log
These are listed in reverse chronological order.

Unholy Sabbath-=SPOILER=-
Act 1: A Dark and Stormy Night-=SPOILER=-[/spoiler]

TheDarkOne
08-10-2017, 11:59 PM
Artanis (not the one from Skie's past in previous S&S thread)
Male
Human (with some distant elven ancestry but from several generations ago)
Ranger
Chaotic Good
Knowledge: Local, Geography, Nature
Background: To come later

-=SPOILER=-

read 8-11-17 -T

Tamamo
08-11-2017, 12:11 AM
TheDarkOne
-=SPOILER=-

I should explain something else, your children have a chance of being half elves otherwise humans xor elves if you reproduce with a human or elf respectfully.

TheDarkOne
08-11-2017, 01:53 AM
((Forgot to list my equipment. I have a dwarven-smithed masterwork longsword in a sheath on my back. I also carry a magical longbow that fires arrows of energy [think Hank from the old D&D cartoon]. I wear studded leather armor over a forest-green tunic with brown leggings and leather boots and a cloak of chameleon which allows me to blend into my surroundings)).

I pull back on my bow, and as always a magical arrow appears, aimed directly at the one of the dwarves. "I think you might wsnt to leave the woman alone." My tone of voice makes it clear that I mean business.

read 8-11-17 -T

Tamamo
08-11-2017, 09:57 AM
TheDarkOne
Just to be clear, there are two bar maids, the one you passed and the one who is being harassed by the cheeky dwarves.

King Aquamentus
08-11-2017, 07:38 PM
Jade (rebooted)

Gender - Female
Species - Dragonborn (possesses *NO* extra abilities from this aside from slightly higher senses and constitution than the average human.)
Class - Bard
Alignment - Neutral good
Equipment - Owns a special kind of lizard (woodwind/pipe instrument) which can produce chords. may later obtain a "guitar of thunder" which is basically an excuse to bring power metal into a fantasy setting (definitely a magical/divine/otherwise supernatural and rare implement) Also keeps a small notebook for coming up with music and a comically large tin mug on her hip (her only weapon.)
Knowledge -

(freebie) Local
1 - Nature (part of a compassionate nature deep down)
2 - The Planes (her version of the "religion" perk)
3 - History (practically been an unfortunate part of it)

Jade stares blankly at what's going on in the pub. A man she does not recognize is drawing an arrow on a rather perverted dwarf. She wants to warn the guy that the dwarf he's about to shoot might be a redback, and would bring down the wrath of JANOS and his entire band on the poor guy. However, her mind is torn towards the less-defended woman she just ran past outside.

Jade looked the man over. Definitely armed to the teeth and able to deal with any dumb mistakes he makes. The girl outside on the other hand...

"aww hell" Jade thought as she dashed back outside to follow the woman. Her mind is still torn over whether or not she should have said anything to that guy...

read 8-12-17 -t
So basically your granberia and can sing? I'm okay with this...
http://i.imgur.com/qaMkW2t.png?1

Glad to Have you back King, you put the Fun in Funky!

Tamamo
08-11-2017, 09:39 PM
King Aquamentus
Do not edit my edits to your post again. I'm actually letting you play as Jade because it was your previous character and I have no problem with that.
But in truth it goes against the my rule of PC's being limited to humanoid characters, so I had to modify her a bit. Don't like it? Your only choice is to pick a race that is more humanoid, or simply drop out.
I'll leave that up to you.

Tamamo
08-13-2017, 11:36 PM
==================================================
Update
TheDarkOne
The dwarf scoffs. "Go ahead boy, fire it, give me an excuse to cave your face in."
The Gnoll grips his axe tightly and sends you a hand signals. The barmaid nods and grips her tray.

COMBAT INITIATED

You let your arrow go. and he flips the table. The barmaid squeels and slams the other dwarf on top of the head with a tray of beers..
The gnoll roars and charges slamming one in the eye with the haft of his axe. Dwarf A punches the woman in the gut and grabs his axe, Dwarf B grabs the gnoll and head butts him.

Note you can control the woman and gnoll if you wish as well. Otherwise I will.
Woman is unarmed but gets a bonus using improvised weapons. "All those past bar fights you know.
The friendly gnoll has a greataxe and is raging. "He is a barbarian, and shall serve as your muscle for now"

You have two dwarves to defeat: with scale mails and dwarven waraxes but they Intoxicated!

King Aquamentus
You dash along the path and wind up in the woods and bump into a elf and she falls are her rump and proceeds to grovel at her feet,
"Thank God! I'm the Celaena Tellarosa the daughter of Elder of Onyllona I have more then enough to reward you! So please, guide me to the nearest inn! Or at least point me in the right direction!"

http://i.imgur.com/ETSo1sL.jpg

Knowledge Local or Nobility and Royalty
-=SPOILER=-

What will you do?

Rule Clarification: Battle System
The battle system is still very much in development, There will be handful of battles in the first and second acts. Remember that charisma will work sometimes.
I want to work out all the kinks for combat before then. Mostly cause theirs a war like battle in the fourth act. As well as your first boss fight soon after.

TheDarkOne
08-14-2017, 11:37 AM
I fire another arrow at the legs of dwarf A, intending to knock him off-balance. Meanwhile, the woman grabs a metal tankard from he dropped tray and cracks dwarf B across the face with it. He releases the gnoll and turns in rage toward the woman. I draw my longsword and leap between them (being a ranger I have a great degree of agility) I take a defensive stance, waiting for the dwarf to attack. The gnoll, in his battle-crazed frenzy, swings his axe at dwarf A.

read -t

King Aquamentus
08-14-2017, 05:06 PM
Jade pauses for a minute, looking in Calaena Tellarosa's eyes, and then takes her hand, leading her away from the nearest inn. "YOU'RE Calaena Tellarosa?? Trust me, you *DON'T* want to go to the inn around here!! Don't you know that JANOS operates around here? There's another woman that came running away from it, too... did you see her?

read -t

Tamamo
08-14-2017, 10:55 PM
Rule Clarification: Celaena Affection Scoring
Meet Celaena (http://i.imgur.com/ETSo1sL.jpg), my character in order for her to work out as I need her to I have implemented something totally new to our RPG called Celaena Affection Scoring or CAS for short.
Her powers as well as yours will increase based off how much she likes and respects you. So be sure to build strong friendships or even pursue a romantic relationship if you so choose. Just remember she is a PC and obey the same rules you would as normal.
Just wait and see guys, it will all makes at the end of this arc.

Here are some example perks you will receive: Access to Celaena’s Spell List -3 affection rating, Spell Resistance 25 + CAS, Damage Reduction CAS/evil.
WARNING: If she dislikes you all too much (TOTAL drops below -15) you will receive a bad end at the end of your current arc keep that in mind. Which means game over...

If you guys have any questions do ask.

King Aquamentus
08-15-2017, 08:26 PM
If you guys have any questions do ask.

can you elaborate a little more on the perks and how they affect relationship? I'm a little confused by the descriptions.

Tamamo
08-15-2017, 09:17 PM
That's backwards,
The higher your Celaena Affection Score the more perks you have. And the stronger she will become.
Here is the full list of Celaena's Spells and the PC perks. The perks are tiered at 1,3,6,10,15,21,28,and 35.
As you can problably guess something will happen to Celaena at the end of this story arc which is when all of this will become active.

Appendix A: Celaena Affection Scoring ‘CAS’
Celaena Abilities
Average CAS/2
1. Charm person, Detect Evil
2. Alter Self, Detect Thoughts
3. Suggestion, Tongues, Vampiric Touch
4. Charm Monster
5. Damnation Stride
6. Mass Suggestion
7. Ethereal Jaunt
8. Frightful Aspect, Sympathy
9. Power Word Kill
10. Become Mythic

PC Abilities
CAS: 1,3,6,10,15,21,28,35
I. Profane Gifts
II. Telepathy with Celaena
III. Access to Celaena’s Spell List -3 affection rating. e.g. CAS rating 10 you get access to them as if you we're celaena herself with a CAS of 7
IV. Gifts and Spells become Divine.
V. Spell Resistance 25 + CAS
VI. Damage Reduction CAS/evil
VII. Become Mythic
VIII. Divine Intervention “Celaena is God Tier at this point”

Rule Clarification: What is Mythic?
Every one wants to go toe to toe with Mythical Evils/Goods (e.g. A demon lord) and win. As you are now, they will obliterate you. Currently the only option is to max out CAS (40 is the max)
This drastically increases your survival chance if such an encounter where to happen. Their will always be a way to survive normally. But it will not kill them. In order to do that, you must defeat them using you mythic powers, more on that later.
If you've played Pathfinder you have a good idea of how mythic stuff works, I will go in detail on this later. It has a much more broader spectrum in this multiverse.

tl;dr Your primary goal should be to become mythic and annihilate your foes like no one ever has before.

King Aquamentus
08-15-2017, 10:10 PM
[[ok, got it. thanks. and updated]]

Tamamo
08-15-2017, 10:59 PM
Update
Artanis TheDarkOne
The gnoll chops off the dwarves head and the other dwarf passes out from his concussions.
"Damn it that's two another dead body on your record Love, you need stop being so overprotective Yrrouh. Thanks for your help though, you too... Wait Never seen you here before, got a name honey? Food and Lodgings are free for you both tonight for helping me out of a tight spot."
The gnoll shouts. "PARTY SIZE NACHOS OLD MAN!" and the barkeep shouts bacl "WE'RE ALL OUT!
They look as if they're about to start arguing when the barmaid steps in.
"They saved my life, dad, so bite your tongue and make the nachos!"
"Fine" the old barkeep grumbles in defeat.
The barmaid smiles at you and heads to the staircase, "Your in luck, my father's nachos are freaking awesome."
"Names Lucy btw, I'll go prepare some rooms. Oh Yrrough is looking for work. He doesn't charge either, he does it to control his temper whatever that means."
"It means I like killing things..." The gnoll smiles and dips a chip and eats it.
*CRUNCH*
He passes the tray of nachos. "try the elven wine it's pretty good, So What brings you to this part of the woods buddy?"

Lucy-=SPOILER=-

Yrrouh Soilfeet
-=SPOILER=-

ooc: Is it just me or is this gnoll so ungnoll like.
Jade King Aquamentus
She pauses and sizes your up and down for a minuite and begins to speak softly.
"If there's another woman out here, Janos may already have her. I actually escaped from his camp, I would rather not go back. But if what you say is true and someone is in danger I will not stand idly by. I am going to be the village's Elder one day. Best start living up to the name. Follow me."
She begins to move back the way she came and cocks her head over her shoulder. "Got a name?"

King Aquamentus
08-15-2017, 11:43 PM
Jade eagerly follows along, almost like a fangirl. "Jade Flouress, bard of the eastern (?) mountains. I have to admit, I was hoping to see a little action but I didn't count on this!!..." as she speaks, she awkwardly wonders if Calaena was aware she was a bard. Jade was no weakling for it, mind - some guys even found her a little intimidating, despite her relatively short and light stature - she just knew very little in the way of actual combat. "I-I mean not that I can't handle myself or anything, it's just my passion and all..."

"what are you doing??? Shut up shut up SHUT UP YOU NERD" Jade keeps thinking to herself.

((is there any sort of map for this world? I have no idea if mountains are actually to the east, that's why I'm wondering))

mrz84
08-16-2017, 12:41 AM
My character (will edit more in the morning, its almost midnight and I'm tired as hell)

The Crimson Mage (Crimson for short)
Gender Female
Species Dark Elf (glamour spell gives appearance of normal elf in areas where dark elves are hated)
Class Cleric/Mage [Think Final Fantasy Red Mage]
Alignment Chaoticl-Neutral
Equipment Rapier, Buckler, Breastplate, Backpack with essential adventurering gear
Knowledge ---To be filled later, too tired right now---
Background Mercenaty for hire, will work jobs she sees fit (will elaborate more on later)

TheDarkOne
08-16-2017, 11:57 AM
"The name's Artanis. It was my pleasure to help. As to why I'm here, this was just a stop on the road. I never stay in one place for long. You could say I'm sort of an explorer." I turn to Yrrouh. "I've never met a gnoll like you, and you were a great ally in that battle. So, what is your story?" ((Someone else or GM can supply the gnoll's response))

read -t

Tamamo
08-16-2017, 04:39 PM
Setting: The 4 Magics
Arcane: Arcane magic is drawn from either one's distant draconic or supernatural blood or from dedicated research. They are known to create more dramatic and destructive effects than arcane spells but have no particular focus.

Divine: Divine magic is drawn from divine forces and are considered generally less dramatic and destructive than arcane spells, with a greater focus on healing and protection and significant variance based on the domains of the deity granting them.
Note: Divine Magic users are the only ones who can turn, rebuke, and bolster undead.

Nature: Nature magic is drawn from the environment itself and is truly something to be wary of, it is the most powerful of the four types of magic, but can takes on adverage 1000 years to become a grand master. It focuses on animals, plants, geomancy, and weather magic.
Note: Nature Magic users are the only ones that can summon elementals, BONUS LANGUAGE: DRUIDIC "the language used by druids, who are the only ones who live long enough to actually become grand masters."

Planar: Planar magic is drawn from the outer planes and is second to Nature in terms of power. It's primary focus is conjuring and alignment spells and a secondary focus on elemental magic.
Note: Planar Magic users can cast healing, but not raise the dead.
mrz84 you need to choose one of the above... For a red mage i would go with Planar since that gives you elemental, alignment, and conjuring. You can also tap into the high planes to cast healing. You won't be able to raise the dead though, only Divine Mages can do that.

Tamamo
08-17-2017, 11:09 PM
Update
mrz84
You've been hired by the village elder of Onyllona where you have been hiding out and studying Planar Magic for the last six monthes to rescue his daughter celaena. At first you declined. But then he told you he knew your secret and would reveal it to the village by tomorrow night if she is not returned. Leaving you no choice but to cooperate with him less you be hunted by racist Wood Elves and a Planar Grand Master which would be a fate worst then the outcome... death.
After 8 hours of searching the woods you find a bandit camp. Two woman are tied up. One is an elven woman who was outcasted from the village the same time you arrived for suspected murder and is being beaten by a halfing and another is unconscious. Janos stops beating the woman and looks down at a maiden no older then 20 who is of human birth. "Pfft, may'be she'll entertain me tonight... Looks like I might let you live afterall Nephenee, but mark my words if you ever disappoint me again I will cut your throat open."
The halfling pulls out a shortswoprd and dagger and charges away from you at... Celaena and a Dragonborn? "OH NO!"
"You came back... Big Mistake Princess!"

King Aquamentus
Celaena nods and leads you to the bandits camp. JANOS is beating a elf who is tied up tied up. Celaena speaks "He appears to be angry with her that she failed to capture me after my escape. Sucks to be her. Traitorous outcast". JANOS looks down at a maiden no older then 20. "Pfft, may'be she'll entertain me tonight... Looks like I might let you live afterall Nephenee, but mark my words if you ever disappoint me again I will cut your throat open." Janos looks up and spots you and whips out and dagger and shortsword. "You came back... Big Mistake Princess!"

Combat Initiated
Party: Crimson, Jade, Celaena
Foes: JANOS
http://i.imgur.com/nv9daWp.jpg

Do to the circumstances of this battle there is a predetermined turn order you can post regardless. Keep this in mind and try to come up for a strategy otherwise it will get harder! I will not always inform you of this.
Crimson
Janos
Celaena (action already decided)
Jade

TheDarkOne
He slams down his 20th bottle of wine and stares at you... "Love mate! I love nachos, I love wine, I love this tavern, but most of all! I love Lucy. I have for 10 years! Since we we're teenagers! She makes me want to become a better man, a better gnoll, and even a better adventurer HIC!"
He passes out and face plants his 5th tray of nachos...
"Love is a strange yet powerful thing if it can do that to a savage like him. You should of seen him 10 years ago. Killed his own brother. Why you ask? he was mad."
"Anyways, I need to clean up? LUCY! Is the room ready?"
"Yes father!"
"You heard her buddy. Off you go!"
"You head up stairs, and find a a Ivory and gold bonded book on the bed. It has the name it's got a name in pretty gold letters (It's in Celestial though and you don't have access to that language. mrz84 does so you can keep it or toss it your choice)."
What do you do?

mrz84
08-18-2017, 12:42 AM
I use the opportunity to strike him while his back is turned by casting one my strongest (single targeting) spells targets at the halfling's ass (for comedic effect mostly, but nobody wants a deadly spell up the ass) by turning my rapier upside down to reveal a rose gem on the bottom of the hilt that acts as a spell focus (the rapier is designed so that when held this way it appears to be a staff)

Tamamo
08-18-2017, 01:32 AM
mrz84 You need to be more descriptive with your magic that's not gonna fly here...
Not now, not ever. :shakehead:

You have Conjuring, Elemental, Alignment, Healing.
And you dont have access to strong magic yet. your just starting out lol.
Your will learn the names of some kick ass spells in the arc though especially in chapters 3 and 4.

Rule Clarification: Acquiring equipments,spells,gold, etc.
Equipment: You will receive better (including magical and even mythical!) equipment as the story develops. It can be found in chest, looted from corpses, and purchased in towns.

Spells: Mages will learn more magic then they ever will need. Hell I'm giving Crimson one of the most useful spells in chapter 4. Pretty much once you see it once, you can use it.
Oh yeah your about to learn a spell too add to your already existing spellbook. "Better make one in notepad, real simple just list their name and function. and additional notes from me" mrz84

Gold: The shiny stuff, awarded for completing quest.

All the above: will be rewarded occasioinally for exellence in roleplaying. The happier I am with how this turns out. The better your rewards!
tldr: HEY EVERYONE LETS BE SUPER COOL AND KEEP HER HAPPY! SO SHE GIVES US FREE STUFF YEAH!

TheDarkOne
08-18-2017, 12:33 PM
I pick up the book but seeing the incomprehensible title, I do not bother to open it. ((OOC: His character may indeed know the language but my character and his have never met, so Artanis would have no way of knowing that)) I place the book on the table and check that the door and window are both securely locked before settling down to sleep.

mrz84
08-18-2017, 03:43 PM
Didn't know what spells I even had so I just used a catch all (notice I didn't even name said spell? That's cause I have no idea what is even on my spell list. I just assumed I had at least one single target attack spell that actually does damage) description of what I thought would be easy to go from there. Elemental? As in I use elemental magic or summon one? Or would that be conjure. I haven't played many magic heavy characters in a D&D-like setting so forgive me if I stumble here.

If I am to assume elemental is similar to attack magic then how about I lob a fireball (of modest size) at his ass?

Tamamo
08-18-2017, 10:16 PM
mrz84
Elemental Magic: Fire, Cold, Electric, Acid, Earth, Water, Wind, Metal, Wood, Stone, Sound? Is sound an element?
Conjuring: You can summon shit! But they won't come if they're lawful.
Alignment: ALIGNMENT MAGIC KICKS ASS!!! YOu will be introduced to some of these this arc as well as a spell to summon demons. *laughs maniacally*
Healing: You SUCK at it, but you can conjure up loss skin and repair blood vessels but not reattach nerves or bone.

Any more questions? Feel free to ask away.

Also you just got 1 CAS circumstanial for coming to save the village elder's daughter! You get those spells as well eventually. They will start becoming available after this arc concludes.
TheDarkOne
True, I forgot thanks for catching that!

GM: Evil Laughter

King Aquamentus
08-19-2017, 10:22 AM
Jade ducked and could tell Celaena was preparing to do something. Armed otherwise only with a tin mug, she began reaching for her chord serpent and put it to her lips. She was not yet aware of the Crimson Mage.

Tamamo
08-19-2017, 09:30 PM
Update
mrz84, King Aquamentus
A fireball strikes janos from behind while Celaena fires a lightning bolt from the other side. He falls down to the ground dead as door mat.
"Nephenee... So it was you in the shadows firing those arrows" The elf stalks over to the tied up elf a knocks her out with a blow to the head.
"Crimson, I know your out there! Show your self!"
A female dark elf enters the camp!
"She unties the human and asks Crimson for her help taking her back to the inn."

Upon reaching the inn. IT'S ON FIRE and the exit is blocked you here people screaming inside.
TheDarkOne
You wake up to find the ceiling, floors, and walls on fire and the inn filled with smoke. Time to grab everyone and get the hell out.

King Aquamentus
08-19-2017, 10:31 PM
Jade barely had a chance to play before a few quick flashes of light, and Janos went "down like a little pussy" as she put it. She kept quiet about Nephenee, but seemed to recognize the unconscious woman. "Hey!! That's the girl from the inn. She doesn't seem to be too badly hurt, thank goodness... let's get her home."

Good news is, despite the sun having set, they had little trouble making it back to the inn.

Bad news is, this was because it was on fire, and the exit was blocked up. It sounded like people really wanted out.

"Hey!! Can you guys get that door cleared?"

Jade began playing a slow but uplifting tune, providing a temporary buff of +2 strength. It might not have been as useful as, say, magic enhancement, but it was the best she knew at the moment.

((I'm guessing this too is going to be something we'll need to play around with and evolve too, as right now I don't have a hard and fast idea of what the limitations to these songs are, particularly how often they can be played))

Tamamo
08-20-2017, 10:08 PM
Now that we got a game going I'm curious what are each of your expectations? Do you have any concerns, I'm sure you do, and I'll like to address those at this time as well

Here are my expectations specifically.
Don't worry about the mechanics much, prioritize fun over the rules. If something comes up that I or another player doesn't like, my job is to make a quick ruling so the game can continue as soon as I see it.
We're here to have fun, not to bitch about schematics. If you don't want to specify your knowledge skills until later, that's perfectly okay. But remember, you only can have 2-3 + bonus knowledge skills.
If you don't want to bother with Celaena and the CAS system. That's perfectly okay. She can stay in the elven village and the plot will go on.
Communication is welcomed! Feel free to ask me anything. Don't be shy now! I'm not some big shady DM with loaded dice okay.

There are also some things I want to mention before we continue.
1. There is not a set campaign. The Story Arcs I done the week before i post them. This pervents overplanning
2. This is not my game. It is everyone's who participates.
3. Sometimes things won't go as planned. I won't force my story on you, if you wish to do something else. I will glady oblige you.
4. Remember this is your story just as these are your characters. Build friendships and foes your way!
5. Rules are just guidelines... Not concrete, if someone slips up and it causes a major disfunction, then we have a problem.
6. Don't expect me to be original... I can't sweat this enough. Some of my best ideas have come from other sources.
7. If your not having fun I'm not, so do talk to me. Privately if that makes you feel more comfortable.

Well what are you expectations, concerns, and questions for me?
You can ask me now or later. In game or privately.

TheDarkOne
08-22-2017, 02:42 PM
Having no companions with me to check on, I place one hand on the door. It's hot, so I know not to open it since that means the fire is right outside. I quickly gather what belongings I can salvage ((GM decides what, if anything, I have lost)), and open the window. Gauging the distance down to be about 20 feet, I take a deep breath and make the leap, tucking myself into a ball-like position so as to minimize the chances of any serious injury from my landing.

Tamamo
08-22-2017, 10:02 PM
Update
@everyone
At once the girl screams and rushes forward but Crimson grabs her arms from behind.
"STOP! YOU WILL DIE AS WELL FOOLISH GIRL!"
Just then a gnoll bursts through the entrance with his foot and carries out a woman and man on his shoulders. And marches out and lays them down gently. She looks at him with a new hope in her eyes.
"I'm sorry Alice, they smoke got to them before I could."
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
TheDarkOne
you encounter the other party and witness the above
here is what you managed to salvaged, Equipment only

End of Act 1

Act 2: Into the Woods
The next day the rain has extinguished the flames and a smoldering ruin of a tavern reminds. The gnoll has his arm around Alice who is kneeling before two freshly filled graves. They stand up and the gnoll addresses Celaena.
"Hey elf which way is your home village?"
She points west of northwest. "This direction, through the forest across the river. I was heading to the wine to meet with a mage but was kidnapped by the red backs, managed to escape last night though."
"If you guys need food I suggest heading there. If not follow me. Let's go alice."
The gnoll and alice leave.
"Well so what should we do. I can guide you throught the forest if you want? Although we should try to see if we can find anything in the tavern that survived the fire that might help us. Even materials Like unburn cloth can be used. So search everywhere! I'll search the cellar."

TheDarkOne
08-23-2017, 12:51 AM
((OOC: By equipment do you mean only my weapons and srmor? What about my cloak, does that count as equipment? I'm not entirely sure what exactly I have now))
I pick through the ruins of the tavern to see if I can find anything salvageable. I will need clothing as I am only wearing a nightshirt and undershorts. All my clothing went up in the fire,

Tamamo
08-24-2017, 01:05 PM
ill be away for a while. we shall continue this when i get back.
I'm go through some serious issues right now and need to go find some help later.

Tamamo
09-25-2017, 10:30 PM
If the three of you are still interested we can continue this on friday. I've sorted out the stuff IRL i had to do first.

mrz84
09-26-2017, 02:20 PM
I had almost forgotten this was a thing. I would love to continue. I just recently crawled out of the pit that is the Fortnite closed beta and need something to distract me so I don't fall back in.

TheDarkOne
10-02-2017, 12:19 PM
I can't speak for anyone else but I'm in.

King Aquamentus
10-07-2017, 06:41 PM
*waves* still about, here.

TheDarkOne
04-03-2018, 07:28 PM
Well, I thought we were going to keep this going but it's been nearly six months now.