PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else seeing this?

TheDarkOne
07-22-2017, 01:43 AM
Is anybody else seeing in their sig an image that is not the image they put there, but some weird thing that tells you to "update your account to enable 3rd party hosting?" And when I click on it, it takes me to some website that has nothing to do with images. Is this happening to anyone else or am I the only one?

Chris Miller
07-22-2017, 02:27 AM
It would appear to be those who had the "Help this cat on his quest for world domination!" image.

The quest is over. The cat met an untimely end in Cuba.

mrz84
07-22-2017, 09:54 AM
That or Net Neutrality is dead.

[EDIT] Never mind, it seems to be an issue with the original creator's photobucket. I'll about posting it via my own photobucket and see if that fixes it. If it does, I'll post a new url for all to use.

TheDarkOne
07-22-2017, 01:03 PM
Well, unitl then I am removing it from my signature.

Tim
07-23-2017, 12:36 PM
Photobucket has recently turned to extort people for money.

mrz84
07-25-2017, 02:49 PM
Ya, photobucket is a bust (tis a pity, they were the host for my Bar-Buddies comic I was trying to archive last year in a thread here, but that will have to be redone later). I'm gonna see if I can't find another (preferably free) image hosting site (imgur is too public for my tastes, as neat as it is, unless there is an option to have images not visible to the public. I wouldn't know since I don't have an account there). This could take some time so feel free to remove it from your sig or find an image hosting site of your own. I will get back to everyone once I have some results.

MasterSwordUltima
09-01-2017, 01:20 AM
Why not go the imgur route now that photobucket is out?

ZoriaRPG
09-01-2017, 03:28 AM
It might be better to add a module onto VB to support small file attachments.

mrz84
09-01-2017, 01:40 PM
Ya know, if I remembered my angelfire login I'd use it to host my comics and gifs again (my siggy still goes to it where I list a buncha quotes), but since I don't and the email I used for it most likely doesn't exists anymore, I'd have to make a new account and I REALLY don't wanna go through that unless I have literally no other options left.

Like I mentioned earlier, I feel imgur is too public for my tastes. I'd like my hosting for my pics to be something I can have the pics in a private place I can pull public-friendly links from (kinda like hotobucket was, but its dead to me now so whatever they do is none of my concern anymore)

PinkFairy
09-02-2017, 01:34 PM
Maybe the admins could add the option to use sig images directly from the computer. That would save all the hassle.