PDA

View Full Version : (2.50.2) Ctrl + U transparency bug

Dimentio
01-14-2017, 01:59 PM
So apparently CTRL + U toggles the showing of used/unused tiles. However, I'm getting this weird bug where using it causes all transparent tiles to not show static, and instead show their respective "color", eve after returning to the default "view". I have not found a way to turn this off yet.

http://i.imgur.com/pzcfm5E.png

Dimentio
01-14-2017, 02:41 PM
Tried disabling/reenabling the static setting in options... nothing. This bug still persists. (I should add it's only in the tile editor that the static is not shown).

DarkDragon
01-16-2017, 04:29 AM
I cannot reproduce this bug in eihter 2.50.2 or the latest build.

Does this happen even on a fresh quest? Or just on your quest? If the latter, can you send me the .qst?

What OS are you using? What video mode/resolution?

SUCCESSOR
01-16-2017, 09:42 PM
I get the same thing. Have to close ZQ and reopen it to fix. Happens in any quest file, even a new one.

I'm on Win 10, 2.50.3 RC and 2.50.2 windowed

ZoriaRPG
01-16-2017, 10:34 PM
I suspect this might be related to the issue where black is rendered as pink in fullscreen mode on some GPUs. That hot pink colour is allegro's default hi-colour transparent value... I'm not sure how or why some systems are doing this.

Dimentio
01-17-2017, 06:09 PM
I suspect this might be related to the issue where black is rendered as pink in fullscreen mode on some GPUs. That hot pink colour is allegro's default hi-colour transparent value... I'm not sure how or why some systems are doing this.

Except, when I changed to CSet 0, it went from pink to white, CSet 0's transparent color for EZGBZ, just like pink is CSet 2's transparent color for EZGBZ.

Anyways, closing down ZQuest seemed to fix it.

DarkDragon
01-17-2017, 06:55 PM
I'm still confused about what triggers this? Just pressing ctrl+U? (And then all "static noise" tiles permanently render as pink?)

Dimentio
01-17-2017, 08:16 PM
I'm still confused about what triggers this? Just pressing ctrl+U? (And then all "static noise" tiles permanently render as pink?)

They permanently render as whatever color color 0 (the transparent color) of the current CSet is set to.

And yes, Ctrl+U causes this to happen. This only happens in the tile lists, and stays until you restart ZQuest. I think it might be buggy intentional behavior, as Ctrl U toggles the showing of used/unused tiles, and the tiles that are disabled from view do show up as static.