PDA

View Full Version : Rogue One

SUCCESSOR
01-11-2017, 08:31 PM
No topic for this? This movie was amazing. I know a lot of people have mixed feelings but for all its changes to the usual I thought this one felt more like a Star Wars than The Force Awakens, which I also liked a lot. Who watched this.

mrz84
01-12-2017, 09:42 PM
I haven't yet, but I'm gonna watch it once it hits DVD/RedBox/Netflix. I only reserve going to the movies for 2 reasons: its DAMN awesome, or its my BDay.

Imzogelmo
01-17-2017, 07:43 PM
So I went to see this. Well, that's not why I went--I went because my daughter wanted to go to a movie with her friend and she needed me for a ride, and I didn't want to watch what they were watching--Anyway...

I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but it was simultaneously good and bad for me. The beginning exposition seemed a bit rushed, the middle was necessary and cliche, and the end was predictable yet thrilling. I can't remember ever being so angry after watching a movie. And yet, it fills in some backstory in a satisfying way. It's really hard to quantify the ambiguity that it created for me. I wanted to really like it, and it was just OK. It fell into the uncanny valley in more than one way, let's just say.

ctrl-alt-delete
02-24-2017, 03:27 AM
I'm also waiting for Blu-ray. I'm sure it's fantastic but I couldn't bring myself to go see it.

erm2003
02-25-2017, 11:31 AM
I enjoyed it and I want to watch it again soon to pick up on things I missed the first time through. I knew in general how it was going to end based off of lines in the original trilogy, but the how was what I was interested in. I like how it was done. Also the last scene... so after I was done viewing Rogue One I saw the updates on Twitter that Carrie Fisher died. That day. Just before I saw the movie so I didn't know until after. It hit me.

ctrl-alt-delete
02-26-2017, 11:43 PM
Yeah, Carrie Fisher broke my heart. She was a bad bitch.