PDA

View Full Version : Rupee Bug Submitted from Facebook

War Lord
12-25-2016, 03:05 PM
This came through the Facebook page, but it sounds like Link's current rupees aren't updated before the code that drops down to the current amount, so his current amount equals whatever the count down is at.
Could just be custom quests, he was playing Nightmare's new one. The code for that doesn't differ though I'd imagine.

http://www.armageddongames.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=201&stc=1

SUCCESSOR
12-25-2016, 05:10 PM
This was fixed and left in as a compatibility rule, I believe.

DarkDragon
12-25-2016, 06:21 PM
Yes. The original NES game had this behavior, so there is quest rule for it. It wouldn't surprise me if Nightmare intentionally used the quest rule, given his penchant for quests that stick as closely to the NES feel as possible.

ZoriaRPG
12-25-2016, 07:30 PM
Confirmed: This is not a bug.

I flagged the thread appropriately... Whether Nightmare intentionally did this, is something I can't speak to, but other quests also intentionally use this rule. War Lord: Yu may want to reply on Facebook and let the player know.

War Lord
12-25-2016, 09:52 PM
Thanks guys.

SUCCESSOR
12-26-2016, 09:07 PM
Yes. The original NES game had this behavior, so there is quest rule for it. It wouldn't surprise me if Nightmare intentionally used the quest rule, given his penchant for quests that stick as closely to the NES feel as possible.

Has this been confirmed in the real game? I thought there wasn't enough time to make use of it in game even if it was possible.

Nightmare
12-26-2016, 09:09 PM
This came through the Facebook page, but it sounds like Link's current rupees aren't updated before the code that drops down to the current amount, so his current amount equals whatever the count down is at.
Could just be custom quests, he was playing Nightmare's new one. The code for that doesn't differ though I'd imagine.

http://www.armageddongames.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=201&stc=1

I believe you can do that with the NES, best way to try is to buy the Blue Ring for 250, then try to buy bombs south of the ring shop (1st Quest). If you can do that then I think it's accurate.

I'll do that after I stop messing with NGT NG3 SNES.

-James

SUCCESSOR
12-26-2016, 09:34 PM
I remember some people trying to do it with an emulator but actually getting back to buy something else in time was the issue.

ZoriaRPG
12-26-2016, 10:55 PM
I remember some people trying to do it with an emulator but actually getting back to buy something else in time was the issue.

It's only possible with the blue ring. If you buy that, you barely have enough time to buy something else in a shop. The armos is the real obstacle.

I'll check if you want.

SUCCESSOR
12-27-2016, 07:05 PM
It's only possible with the blue ring. If you buy that, you barely have enough time to buy something else in a shop. The armos is the real obstacle.

I'll check if you want.

Well, I believe, they were trying it with the blue ring in the second quest. I think the blue ring shop in the second quest doesn't have an Armos, but it's been so long I really can't remember. Its really irrelevant besides my own personally curiosity.

Nightmare
03-29-2017, 06:24 PM
The Quest rule handles this fine. Yes, this works in the NES too, but only in like one spot.

-James