PDA

View Full Version : Please Help!!!!!

CrimsonPrespective
12-16-2016, 05:45 PM
I'm running Ubuntu 16.04 lts on my laptop. I can run ZQuest just fine with no complications, but when I load up zelda classic and start my game link will only be moving down without pressing any keys. I have tried to swap the conntrols in all aspects and still can't get it to work. since I'm using the nes pallete link can only move in one direction. I can't test my quest because of this. I'm runing the linux release for 2.50.2. Thanks in advance for any help

War Lord
12-16-2016, 07:01 PM
This sounds like you have a game pad plugged in that has a bad calibration on the Y axis.
Do you have any game pads or peripherals plugged in, or just a mouse and keyboard?

CrimsonPrespective
12-16-2016, 07:42 PM
This sounds like you have a game pad plugged in that has a bad calibration on the Y axis.
Do you have any game pads or peripherals plugged in, or just a mouse and keyboard?
I'm just running with my built in keyboard and mouse touch pad.

Saffith
12-16-2016, 07:58 PM
Didn't someone else have this problem before? Sounds awfully familiar.

Even if there's no controller, maybe it's still getting joystick input for some reason. Try changing the joystick_index in ag.cfg. It can be anything from 0 to 4.

Grayswandir
12-17-2016, 01:32 AM
I had a problem like this a while ago (also on linux) where, for some reason, ZC was treating my accelerometer as a joystick. Try tilting the laptop around to see if it changes direction?

CrimsonPrespective
12-18-2016, 02:07 AM
Thank you to Warlord, Saffith, and Grayswandir. Grayswandir was correct in in his thought. When I tilted the laptop it did change the direction of Link's movement. Thank you for all of your help!!!!! :)

War Lord
12-18-2016, 03:12 AM
Not a problem.
You were able to adjust the ag.cfg to prevent it from happening then?

ZoriaRPG
12-18-2016, 10:49 AM
Not a problem.
You were able to adjust the ag.cfg to prevent it from happening then?

I think that disabling the accelerometer was in the cards, but shifting the input to another device in ag.cfg may've worked.