PDA

View Full Version : NSF Support

ZoriaRPG
12-09-2016, 03:40 AM
I'd like to know what we are using for NSF support, and from where it is sourced, so that I can look into adding Enhanced NSFs, such as Konami VR*, FDS, and other chip tune formats. I wouldn't mind adding SID support, too.

Is it Game Music Emu? If so, we're using v0.3, and the present version is 0.6, which has 'NES Extended Support' as an option. This seems to have been added in 0.5.2, and it does support the FDS music, as well as VRC6 and others:

Game_Music_Emu-0.5.2.zip (C and C++)

Tons of changes and improvements
New file formats: AY, HES, KSS, SAP, NSFE
All-new comprehensive C interface (also usable from C++). Simplifies many things, especially file loading, and brings everything together in one header file (gme.h).
Information tags and track names and times can be accessed for all game music formats
New features supported by all emulators: end of track fading, automatic silence detection, adjustable song tempo, seek to new time in track
Updated mini player example to support track names and times, echo, tempo, and channel muting, and added visual waveform display
Added BLIP_BUFFER_FAST flag to blargg_config.h to use a lower quality bandlimited synthesis in "classic" emulators, which might help performance on ancient processors
Improved performance a bit for x86 platforms
Eliminated all warnings when compiling with the gcc 4.0 compiler and many on Microsoft Visual C++

It now supports Spectrum MSX, and PCE audio; and POKEY, too. :)