PDA

View Full Version : rotate_trans_sprite() halts gcc compiler (MSYS, MinGW)

ZoriaRPG
12-07-2016, 03:18 AM
Calling this function:

rotate_sprite_trans(bmp, subBmp, dx, dy, degrees_to_fixed(rot));

..causes the compiler to halt (Error 1).

I checked the allegro changelog, and it is absolutely in 4.0 and later, so...what's likely causing this?

Full function:

-=SPOILER=-

Gleeok
12-07-2016, 04:12 AM
Linker or compiler error?

Make sure that your paths are correct and it is linking against the allegro 4.2.2fixed lib; if it is a compiler error then it's not finding the declaration perhaps... Without any actual errors I can only guess.

ZoriaRPG
12-07-2016, 09:08 AM
Linker or compiler error?

Make sure that your paths are correct and it is linking against the allegro 4.2.2fixed lib; if it is a compiler error then it's not finding the declaration perhaps... Without any actual errors I can only guess.

Hmm... I'll look into it. DarkDragon set p a repo with VS2016 projects, so I may shift to using that.

In the interim, would you mind proofing this?

DrawSpriteEx (Revised)
-=SPOILER=-

I pletely rewrote my approach, as you can see. Is there anything going on with this that would not be legal?

Saffith
12-07-2016, 08:14 PM
It's in 4.4, not 4.2.

ZoriaRPG
12-08-2016, 01:27 AM
It's in 4.4, not 4.2.

That is what I initially thought, but the Allegro chagelog references it in 3.9x. I'll do some more hunting, to verify.

We do eventually need to update to 4.4 anyway, but perhaps I can integrate it somehow for the present.
Grayswandir has also been asking about updating to 4.4.

Is there any chance that you could make a list of anything in 4.2 that we've modified, so that I can begin working on moving to 4.4, without blindly stumbling about, looking for patches?